Sales Development Manager
East & West London and Essex
Brewers' aims to be the decorator's first choice for supplies, and we are looking for 2 sales driven individuals, who internally we call Area Development Mangers, to join our team. As a Area Development Manager you will be sharing our products and expert service with a specific focus on new customers as well as working collaboratively with existing customers to support and develop on-going relationships.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about our products. Excellent customer service is an essential component of what we offer, and we are looking for a person who understands and embodies this. Our Area Development Managers play a key role in helping the Regional Manager develop business and run a profitable operation.
The successful candidate will have experience in this sector, ideally as a Sales Representative but we would welcome applicants who have undertaken other roles in this industry and are interested in moving into a sales position. They will need to display initiative, commercial acumen and effective communication skills. Developing a rapport with customers is key. They should be a self-starter as there is scope to set your own sales plans and objectives.
Brewers are the largest independent decorator's merchant in the UK, serving trade, consumer and industrial markets from more than 170 branches across the UK and online, generating sales of over £160 million across our operations. Our successful family business has been trading for well over a century, which says something about our ability to anticipate and meet our customers' demands through changing times and trends.
Your key objectives in this role will be:
- Grow the business through both new customers and developing our relationships with existing customers
- Working with the Sales Director, Regional Manager, Area Development Managers and Branch Managers to increase Region sales while providing excellent customer service
- Developing profitable business in the area in line with agreed objectives and KPI's
- Providing the highest standard of friendly, knowledgeable service to deliver the Company objective to be the decorator's first choice
You will be able to demonstrate :
- Previous experience in a retail / sales environment in our sector
- Knowledge of paints, protective coatings and decorating sundries for either Trade or Retail markets
- An enthusiasm for sales with the ability to build relationships and rapport easily with suppliers and customers
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability and self-confidence to independently manage your own time and set targets for achievement
- A current driving licence and will live within or very close to the business area
The full package available includes a competitive salary, together with:
- Company Car, Mobile Phone & Laptop
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Free life assurance
- Subsistence allowance
- Private Medical Insurance and health Cash Plan
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan
- Generous staff discounts
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please apply as soon as possible. Please note this role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment or receive a high number of responses.
Please ensure you fully complete the application process if you wish to be considered for this position. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any applicants that do not complete the process.
...... click apply for full job details