Role: Sales Administrator
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
2Fawcett are recruiting for a Sales Administrator to join a company located in Leeds on a Permanent Basis. This is a new role, where you will be working closely with the Commercial Teams. You will support management in dealing with customer retention, customer growth, portfolio of accounts, sales campaigns, sales administration and tender processes.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Sales Administrator
- Working with the new business and account management teams to manage a portfolio of accounts.
- Managing against a range of targets to deliver growth, retention and improved profitability in relation to portfolio accounts.
- Supporting the new business team in delivering their weekly, monthly and quarterly targets.
- Supporting the Regional tender requirements.
- Dealing with queries and complaints from a variety of customers with a view to getting it right first time and keeping abreast of any changes in company policies and procedures, ensuring the correct advice is offered and procedures followed.
- Managing and delivering customer MI reports and support the Regional Commercial Manager with their back-office requirements.
- Effectively using CRM to enter sales leads, customer contact/interactions and record sales activities in line with the quality guidelines for the department.
- Providing admin support and tele-selling for the Business Development Manager Team.
- Working with the Account Management and Operational teams to identify creative and innovative solutions which will reduce churn in line with company targets.
Requirements of Sales Administrator
- Strong Commercial background and awareness.
- Previous Back Office sales support, admin or Customer Service is desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one to one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a time critical environment.
- Robust and resilient with the ability to absorb pressure and respond positively.
- Willingness to learn new skills and broaden skillset/experience.
- Computer literate - comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, however A-Levels or a Degree certainly won't do any harm.
What will you get in return
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
- Plus much more....