SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.Job Description
Job Title: Safety Laboratory Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Job Location: Durham
Remuneration: As Safety Laboratory Manager, you'll receive a competitive salary plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years' service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As Safety Laboratory Manager, you'll be responsible for managing the electrical safety department, ensuring optimum efficiency/utilisation to deliver testing on time and in line with customer requirements.
- Ensure client testing requirements are delivered within due dates to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure the departments testing activities are monitored to ensure compliance with quality policies and procedures, HSE housekeeping etc.
- Review employees' performance in conjunction with performance agreements / performance appraisals to meet objectives in line with delivering revenue/utilisation targets for efficiency and financial measure.
- Identify, review and instigate training activities within the department to increase employee's utilisation.
- Manage the team to ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation e.g. test reports and certificates in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil customer expectations.
- Organise regular operational reviews to allocate testing projects, ensure projects are progressing and all issues are resolved.
To be successful in this role, you'll need recent experience experience in testing of electrical products, as well as extensive experience reviewing new or updated standards in order for the company to carry out this testing and obtain UKAS or other accreditation
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
- HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Supporting a team and Conduct testing (either lab-based or on client's sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Must be IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications and experience of using large and complex databases
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change - committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Working knowledge of product safety standards, for example, EN60335, EN60598, EN60950, EN61010, EN60601
- Use of test and measuring equipment e.g. Multi-Meters, oscilloscopes, etc and Test Procedures
- Basic understanding in the principles of Profit & Loss accounting
APPLY NOW for full consideration, your application will be treated confidentially and impartially and you will always receive an update within 10 business days...... click apply for full job details