Business Unit: Group Personal, Unsecured Lending
Salary: £33,000 - £49,000 DOE
Location: Flexible, home working available
Employment Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It's a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It's about thinking what money could be, instead of what it's always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We're not like other banks - and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
That's where our Unsecured Lending department come in. They provide us with a fool proof framework to make decisions that we know will keep our customers' and investors' money safe. When they're not safeguarding our bank from an array of risks that could pop up at any moment.
So, what does this Unsecured Lending team do? The Risk Systems team are responsible for managing and maintaining the automated credit decision systems, provision of technological support to other areas of the organisation that are reliant on the credit decision systems and involvement in business-wide projects. These systems are vital in ensuring that the Bank can make informed and consistent lending decisions within Risk Appetite, whilst providing a smooth and efficient customer experience.
As a Risk Systems Tech Specialist within the Risk Systems team you'll be involved in the development, design and delivery of systems changes on several fronts and the discipline to follow a defined systems development methodology. You'll be encouraged to develop your technical skills, driving innovation and process improvement in a dynamic and growing part of the business. Collaborating and supporting colleagues is essential to ensure delivery of team and department objectives - do you have what it takes…? Keep reading and apply!
Here's what you'll be doing:
Leading the development and implementation of changes to the Banks' Retail Credit models and strategies into the credit decisioning systems.
Support a small team of technical systems developers
- Design and maintain controls for ensuring the change process is robust.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support wider business initiatives in relation to the amendment, replacement or addition of new credit systems.
- Liaise with 3rd party system providers and business stakeholders to ensure the timely resolution of issues
To be brilliant you will bring…
- Excellent communication, listening and writing skills. An ability to listen, understand and respond professionally.
- Sound decision making and critical thinking.
- The ability to overcome obstacles, be accountable and use your initiative to do the right thing whilst keeping our purpose at the heart of all you do.
- Experience in working with complex credit decisioning systems in a change environment.
- Familiarity with the structure and purpose of credit models/strategies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-specialists
We would love it if you had…
- Specialist knowledge of Strategy Design Studio (SDS)
- Experienced in project management
- A good understanding of Retail Banking and products;
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the 'To be brilliant you will bring' section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don't let that put you off applying, we'd love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at or
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.