Retail SupervisorContracted hours: 16 hours per week
The Works is a unique place to… well… work.
We're the UK's leading family friendly retailerof value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. With over 530stores nationwide together with a brilliant online store, we're here to offerour customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our coreprinciples of value, variety and quality.
We're a proactive and hardworking bunch. We'vebuilt an environment that's busy, fast-moving and full of energy. Ouratmosphere is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. If you're the kind of personwho's as crafty, caring and can-do as we are, then this is the kind ofculture for you.
As a Supervisor with The Works, you will be leading by example within a small team in a busy shop. You will have key holder responsibility alongside the store management team. You will be seen as a go to person for our Sales Assistants, leading by example, living our values of being "Crafty", "Caring" and showing a real "Can-do" spirit to inspire your team to deliver the best service to our customers. It is easy for us to say that no two days are the same at The Works...You will be on your feet for the vast majority of your shift, be it merchandising, processing deliveries or serving customers, providing your valuable knowledge of our products.We will invest time and money back in you with dedicated training, and surrounding you with a great support network.We are extremely proud of our position in the marketplace and we know our success comes from our family of colleagues; you will be at the heart of your store, making a difference to your team. Main duties and key responsibilities of our Retail Supervisors
- Working closely with your Store management team to achieve the highest sales and profitability possible in your store.
- Make sure your team work well together and they are known by customers for their outstanding customer service.
- Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
- To be enthusiastic and want to create a fun place to shop.
- Be creative - you will have a lot of autonomy with your management team to merchandise your store and demonstrate products to your customers.
- To be dedicated to improve on what we currently do. We appreciate that at all levels our employees bring with them some amazing ideas.
- Excellent hands on training.
- 25% discount off our products in store!
- 33 or 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Company pension contribution.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Charity Giving - Pennies from Heaven and Give as you Earn.