Retail Manager (Part-Time)
Northampton and Kettering, East Midlands
Together we can make a real difference
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation's health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country's most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive - where everyone can thrive.
Royal Voluntary Service hospital cafés, shops and trolleys are part of the fabric of the NHS and a real asset in their own right.
Staffed by volunteers and employees, we provide an outstanding range of healthy food choices. Our customers love the fact that the money they spend with us pays for volunteer action in hospitals and the community.
What you'll be doing
As a Retail Manager, you will lead a passionate team of staff and volunteers who work hard to deliver outstanding customer service to staff, visitors and patients at Northampton General Hospital and Kettering General Hospital. In this busy role, you will be responsible for:
- Motivating and managing a team of staff and volunteers to deliver exceptional customer service
- Managing performance, development and training, creating fair rotas and recruiting as necessary
- Managing finances including reporting on costs/profit and loss budgets and sales
- Overseeing stock ordering, deliveries and controls
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with health trusts, suppliers and other key local contacts
- Managing the store to a high standard, ensuring compliance with all necessary checks
- Managing promotions and Royal Voluntary Service merchandise
- Creating a positive working environment and ensuring the site is clean, attractive and welcoming
- Supporting and promoting a variety of fundraising activities
What you will need
To be considered as a Retail Manager, you will need proven experience of working in a retail or customer-facing role and passion for delivering quality customer service. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly and professional manner.
You will lead by example and maintain the harmony of the team of employees and volunteers, have a 'can-do' attitude and be confident in maximising sales opportunities.
You will need experience of using EPOS systems, knowledge and experience of general administrative processes and the ability to use standard IT systems to a basic level. A full, valid driving licence is also essential.
This post will require a DBS check.
Why work for Royal Voluntary Service
We're proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service:
- An hourly rate of £9.68 per hour
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website, 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions built in
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Access to award winning e-learning and development
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- Six weeks company sick pay
- 25 days' holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
How to apply
To apply for the position of Retail Manager, please apply via the button shown.
The closing date for applications is the 28th October 2021, with interviews scheduled for the 3rd November 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This is a part-time role working 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Retail Manager, Retail Supervisor, Shop Manager, Store Manager, Retail Team Leader, Shop Supervisor, or Store Supervisor.