Retail Gift Aid Volunteer
We're looking for someone to volunteer within our shop to help improve Gift Aid sign ups, promote and educate customers on Gift Aid and help other retail volunteers follow the correct processes, set out by the HMRC. This is essentially a fundraising and administration role within our retail shop, so you will have the support of the team to help.
Gift Aid is very important to all charities, as it allows them to reclaim the tax on donations from UK taxpayers. Every time we sell a gift-aided item, we can claim 25% more from the government - at no extra cost to the donor or buyer. We want to improve Gift Aid sign ups and sales, as they are a great way to raise more money to fund life-saving research that will help us beat heartbreak forever.
Say hello to the team
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn't be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Promoting Gift Aid on the shop floor and helping donors sign up to Gift Aid
· Helping teach volunteers on Gift Aid procedures & keeping training records updated
· Sorting, pricing and displaying Gift Aided donations as they arrive
· Inputting Gift Aid data into our online systems and maintaining our filing records
· Contacting current donors and thanking them for their donations
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
This job was originally posted on Jora UK