JOB TITLE: Reporting Analyst
REPORTS TO: Senior Reporting Analyst
SUPERVISES: There are no people management responsibilities
Retail Merchant Services (RMS) is a UK based payments services organisation. We have been in business for over ten years and currently employ over 250 colleagues.
We are on a mission to make our customers lives easier, giving these businesses the products, tools, and services that make it easier for them to be in control, and ultimately, to succeed. Whatever success means for them. We do this by offering payment services to ensure businesses always make the sale. We also partner with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) to provide additional services and products that help businesses unlock vital cash flow, drive additional revenue streams and bring them technologies that support their business ambitions.
We have big plans to expand both our company and our offerings, and are looking for talented, energetic and passionate people to join our team and be part of our ambitious journey.
Current investors in RMS include TCV Ventures, which has backed successful companies such as Spotify, Airbnb, and Netflix
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Reporting Analyst, your overall responsibility will be to provide our rapidly growing business with insight as opposed to just data so you will need to be numerate and analytically minded, as well as having a professional and business focussed attitude. Able to bridge between the commercial forward thinking, mining historical data to identify trends and areas for improvement and development.
The role also involves identifying discrepancies in our data and either fixing them or raising awareness with relevant business or IT areas to resolve.
In return for your hard work, you will be joining a highly progressive fast-growing company that offers excellent prospects
- A degree level qualification and strong academic achievements in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Finance or related quantitative or analytical degree
- A logical and analytical thinking in dealing with large data sets
- Business focussed with a good Financial understanding
- A willingness to take on new and exciting technologies
- Experience of using the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
Producing daily/weekly operational reports for the Operational Management Team
Providing regular MI and KPI reports to the Board to provide business insight
Responding to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis
Develop or update reports to support operational areas
Involvement in long-term analysis projects
Suggesting and developing ideas to enable the business to achieve operational efficiency
- Experience of extracting & transferring data from a database using PostGresSQL, SQL & Python
- Experience in building automated dashboards with a data visualisation tool, such as Tableau
- Experience with analysing and managing large data sets to identify issues, trends, or exceptions
to drive improvement of results and develop solutions
- Extensive experience in an analytical role, preferably in a fast-paced and data-driven environment in payments.
Skills and Abilities
Strong working knowledge of SQL (i.e. Select, Update queries and Creation of Tables, Views, Functions & Stored procedures). A good working knowledge of Python, Tableau and advanced Excel.
A natural ability and strong desire to understand customer & financial data and provide good insight to Business Managers and the Executive Team.
Having a positive mindset for internal & external clients. A Strong team player with a can-do attitude, who is able to offer regular assistance to the Team.
What we can offer you:
- Free breakfast each day
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Perkbox (discounted cinema, gym membership, restaurants and more)
- Relaxed smart-casual dress code
- Quarterly team nights out
- Opportunities to progress within an expanding business
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Regular incentives and rewards
Salary of up to £30,000 working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am until 5.30pm with scheduled breaks and lunches.