Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Excellent customer service
• Team player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Distribution Security Officer (Relief) to join the Total Security Management Team.
Distribution Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to potential changes to working environment.
- The distribution security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and visitors
- As the first point of contact for all customers and clients, the Distribution Security Officers should have some knowledge of their local surroundings.
- To create a safe working environment, free from crime and health & safety related issues for colleagues, contractors and visitors
- Respond to any on site incident or request for assistance and assume control until arrival of the Client, Emergency Services or Duty Manager
- To highlight all breaches of security procedures and internal crime/shrinkage
- To monitor the site fire, intruder and CCTV systems where appropriate
- Reporting to the Security Manager, they must record, report and escalate all incidents and arrests using the process/system/technology as required throughout their shift.
- Ensure appropriate access and egress to and from the site for both people and vehicles is authorised including all checks
- The distribution security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Distribution Security experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-moving services business
- Capable in the use of technology
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the distribution security officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential
- A Full UK Driving licence and own transports would be beneficial due to location and shift times.
- A good level of fitness is required for the role due to patrolling requirements
It's the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.