Regional Sourcing Manager
Flexible Location (with travel across the UK)
FareShare is the UK's national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. During 2020, we redistributed 113 million meals through our FareShare Regional Centres and our retail surplus model FareShare Go, reaching over 1 million people.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
The COVID19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity in the UK and with it, FareShare's ability to get food to vulnerable communities nationwide. We are fortunate to benefit from the support of major retailers, the media, sports ambassadors and a groundswell of public engagement. As a result, there has never been a more exciting time to join an organisation at the heart of public consciousness.
About the Role
The Regional Sourcing Manager co-ordinates and oversee local sourcing activities, including supporting the development of strategies to drive local volume growth, sharing of best practice in pipeline development and account management. FareShare has a strategic objective to be the food redistribution partner of choice, it is important that approaches to local sourcing are consistent with this and that we remain at all times easy for the food industry to deal with and do not add complexity or confusion through the development of local approaches but in fact use them to complement our national approaches.
This role has been created to support the coordination and development of our approach to local sourcing together with our collaboration partners. Delivery of the FareShare strategy over the next three years includes ambitious targets to double our food volumes by 2024. Local sourcing can make an important contribution to achieving this growth.
Where Devolved Nations' Governments are funding posts and activities this role will support the locally based teams providing information, support and advice as appropriate. This post will line manage the Food Team Commercial Officer post that is based in Scotland.
- Local Sourcing Strategy
- Relationship Management
- Ways of working - local sourcing and industry engagement
- Measurement, Data and Reporting
- People and Culture
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at a range of levels and across multiple functions with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Successful track record of managing cross-functional projects ensuring involvement of all key stakeholders
- Track record of supporting new business and/or managing partnerships
- Experience in sales or customer relationship management
- Ability to develop solutions to problems arising from competing priorities
- Experience of project management
- Must have a Driving Licence and access to own car
- Good working knowledge of the key players in the food industry
- Experience of the ways of working in the food industry supply chain
- Understanding of the barriers to accessing surplus food
- Knowledge of, and interest in, FareShare's mission
- Awareness of UK and global initiatives to reduce food waste
- Experience of managing direct reports
Join our amazing team and help tackle food waste and get great quality surplus food to charities and communities groups across the UK.
25 days' annual leave + 8 bank holidays
Employers pension contribution of 4% Life assurance - group life scheme
Employee Assistance Program
Interest free bicycle purchase loan scheme
Season ticket loan
Closing Date: 24th October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Regional Sourcing Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.