We are currently recruiting for a QA Technician Days (4 x on 4 x off 06:00 - 18:00) to be based at our newly launched Revolution Kitchen Site in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.
Revolution Kitchen is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4 th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
You will play a critical role within the Technical Department, responsible for auditing food safety, quality and legality of food production at Revolution Kitchen, helping to ensure that the quality of our products is maintained at the highest level.
- To thoroughly audit the site against GMP, Hygiene and Fabrication standards.
- To carry out taste panels on products produced and drive corrective actions in the business.
- To investigate issues thoroughly and communicate accordingly with realistic actions that can then be verified by auditing.
- To be able to complete traceability's to aid investigations.
- Investigations of customer complaints back to root cause with effective close out.
- Ensure all issues raised are closed out in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide support and good communication with production departments where applicable.
- Completion of paperwork correctly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Help drive microbiological actions within the factory to an acceptable level
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Proactive person who is not only able work as part of a close knit team, but also on your own initiative with the confidence to sometimes make difficult decisions
- You should be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing to all levels of the business.
- Good numerical, computer and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ideally you should have some knowledge of the issues associated with a QA role in a chilled food factory environment including
- A level of HACCP and Food Safety training.
- Have a sound understanding of microbiological aspects present in a food manufacturing factory.
- Food production experience would be a distinct advantage
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets...... click apply for full job details