Machine Mart are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to work within an established team and a busy environment, centrally located at our Nottingham Head Office.
You will be part of a team who are vital to the functioning of the company. You will be responsible for the management of the team and ensuring that the company builds and develops a cost effective competitive and stable supply chain. If you believe this is you, we want to hear from you.
Below are some of the duties you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing new products
- Negotiating and influencing suppliers to achieve best market value
- Be accountable for the annual targets and goals across cost, quality, reliability and delivery
- Manage the Purchasing department
- Identifying areas for improvement to current processes and procedures
- Develop and own appropriate departmental KPIs to ensure performance and improvement is measured and acted on
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain contributions to marketing campaigns as required from time to time
- Occasional travel will be required
- On occasions overnight stays will be required
Hours: 8:30 - 6pm Monday to Friday.
BenefitsWhat you'll get in return for your commitment:
- Staff Discounts
- Healthcare Cash plans
- A company pension scheme
- Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Role specific training and development
- Proactive promotion of internal candidates
- Paid Breaks
- Free Tea & Coffee
About The Company:
Machine Mart is the UK's leading specialist retailer of workshop power tools and equipment to the general public and trade customers. With 65 stores nationally and over 40 years in business, we are at the forefront of our sector and are supporting our recent success with continued growth and new store openings.