As a billion pound company success often stems from not just the Marketing and Commercial teams, but also all the back-end functions which help to make the business move as smoothly as possible. At L'Oréal, Purchasing is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
As the Purchasing Intern you will be responsible for assisting the team with the efficient creation and implementation of purchasing initiatives. This includes new product launches and promotional activities across all UK retailers. It is a key position within a busy team, reporting to the Purchasing Manager. You will work closely with the marketing team and liaising with external suppliers and retailers.
- Optimise the Group's financial results by controlling and ensuring adherence to contracts
- Use your initiative to develop meaningful Management Information (MI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from complex and varied sources, and report in a timely manner to the wider finance team
- Liaise with a complex and diverse stakeholder groups to inform and educate about purchasing initiatives
- Daily management of key indirect spend category of travel and accommodation, identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce cost and enhance service
- Provide key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information to take business decisions and / or shape L'Oréal policy
- Analyse, report on and explore new areas of opportunity for the L'Oréal Purchasing Team, primarily through manipulating Microsoft Excel data
- Support and assist the maintenance of data and documents pertaining to the performance and objectives of the Purchasing Team
- Provide support to other members of the Purchasing Team on sourcing initiatives as and when required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L'Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don't worry, she's not testing you! She's just checking you're comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc. You also have the opportunity to ask her any questions about the culture and working environment at L'Oréal!
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a digital interview. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don't worry what you look like, just worry about what you're saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you're prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don't get invited straight away - it might just be because your function's Assessment Centre date isn't until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.