Permanent role for an energetic Project Manager who understands software implementation, consultancy and business software solutions, the lifecycle of a software implementation project including requirements, workshops, training and go live, and has worked with implementation consultants, allocating resources, planning and looking at scope, risk and creep. The job is home based with 2 days a week spent in the office near Worcester (or full time office based if you prefer that). You will be familiar with solutions such as ERP, supply chain, warehousing, inventory management, demand planning, MRP, distribution, logistics etc. Salary to £60k plus £5k car allowance.
There are 2 types of projects here: 25-30 days where the consultant takes full responsibility of the project, and 100 day + projects. There are generally 5 x 100 day+ projects on the go simultaneously, with 3 or 4 implementation consultants working on each. It is difficult to be a Consultant and a Project Manager on the large complex ones, so this is where you step in. As a PM here, you will run 3-5 projects at once, so you need to know what you are doing, and be able to wear many hats and juggle your tasks.
The Professional Services Manager monitors the short projects and this job is to run the larger ones yourself. You will organise and coordinate 2 or 3 ERP Consultants and make the decisions, controlling and managing expectations and looking at scope, mitigating risk, and communicating between the steering groups to take the decisions away from the consultants.
- You are an experienced consultancy ERP Project Manager running projects through the whole implementation life cycle
- Project managed multiple projects of 50 day consulting as a minimum. Once you are up and running, you are happy to run up to 5 x concurrent 100 day projects
- Worked with ERP, supply chain, logistics, inventory, warehousing, distribution, retail or similar software solutions
- Highly organised and happy dealing with dozens of things at once
- You ensure projects are delivered with quality, on time, to budget and scope
- You can create quality deliverables using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Good at balancing process change to deliver a great working solution
- Able to multi-task, juggle and prioritise a variety of project tasks
- Familiar with structured project management methods
- Client facing, confident, with top notch communication skills
Their product is all about the risk of stock versus the risk of waste, available warehouse space, in-store shelf space, and stock re-distribution. This supply chain solution never sits alone; it links with existing ERP solutions or WMS or e-commerce products etc. So you will learn about demand planning, supply chain solutions and integration.
If you are also familiar with software that has anything to do with inventory, retail planning, manufacturing, supply chain, forecasting, warehousing, demand planning or ERP, (particularly cloud based solutions) they would love to hear from you. So this would be solutions such as Llamasoft, Reflex Planning, Sofco, NetSuite, Anaplan, SAP Business ByDesign, Prima, FuturMaster, Sage 200, Slimstock, Relex, Priam, Epicor, John Galt, Winman, Intact IQ, Netstock, Infor, Pinewood, Barloworld, Kerridge, SAP Business One, Eazystock, Phocas, Acumatica or anything similar.
You will have a chance to work with very large companies like Tesco and Sainsbury's and be involved in dealing with IT departments, steering committees and stakeholders. You will get to see how the largest businesses deal with integration (or indeed don't deal with integration!).
Why is this a great job? The MD and the senior staff are approachable, optimistic and professional people and this is a very positive environment. The product is superb, their consulting team is top notch and a Project Management role here offers a long term career, working with very large customers. The product has a strong road map and a great future. You will report to the Professional Services Manager. Contact Jake or Carolyn at Ambis Resourcing.