Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer at our Histon site. Here, we manufacture a host of ambient sweet spreads and jellies for our grocery brands. These includes Hartley's jams and jellies, Gale's honey, Rose's marmalades, Sun-Pat peanut butter, and the dairy free brand Dream.
Shifts are 12 hours long, with both days and nights included on a rotating pattern.
- Support development and implementation of action plans to address root cause of all failures.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support maintenance design and improvement.
- Responsible for attending to breakdowns promptly, and ensuring all work orders and planned maintenance tasks are completed.
- Delivering training and support to move towards minor maintenance tasks being undertaken by Operator level function.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all documentation.
- To work with departmental leaders and others developing a pride in the work areas - keeping them clean, tidy and ensuring works do not compromise quality or safety.
- Promote team work across all functions including production, technical and new product development.
- You will support all aspects of the operation to ensure products are manufactured in a safe, hygienic and efficient manner.
- You are to ensure individual accountability for best practice and keeping skills up to date.
- You will also be required to carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by Lead Engineer, Production or Shift Managers, or other members of the site management team.
What you will need for the role / what it will take:
- HNC/HND preferable.
- NVQ/C&G/Time Served with relevant Engineering qualifications
- Experience of FMCG operations.
- Computer literate with experience of CMMS and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Fault finding/diagnostics along with a strong health and safety ethic.
- HACCP experience.
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding.
- PLC and general automation fault finding.
- Maintenance design and improvement techniques.
- Root cause analysis techniques.
- Instrumentation installation and calibration.
- BOAS (Boiler Operations) or equivalent suitable experience/ qualification.
- Steam supply pipework maintenance including Heat Exchangers and Boiler strip down/rebuilds.
- Effluent systems/process systems/water - Domestic & Industrial pipework and valves installation and maintenance.
- Compressors / Air supplies infrastructure.
- Chemical training - COSHH
- Manual handling, confined space, working at height training.
- Forklift license and MEWP trained - Scissor Lift and Cherry Picker.
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. With sales of c£500m, we create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Nearly half of our business is private label - we create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.
To make it easier for everyone to lead a healthier, balanced lifestyle. Without our great team of people, this vision couldn't be our reality.
Top Talent across the UK
Over our 12 sites up and down the UK, we employ circa 3,100 people in roles within Production, Supply Chain, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, and through to our Finance, HR, IT and beyond. Each of our colleagues is vital to our continued success. That's why we target the best talent, and help to develop them through the ranks. In fact, almost a third of our vacancies were internal promotions and transfers last year.
Learning and Development
We offer Management and Leadership Development programmes appropriate to an individual's role and skill level, as well as a broad range of other training and development initiatives, including an extensive e-Learning suite to help self-serve your own development further.
If Hain Daniels sounds like the company you'd like to contribute your energy and enthusiasm towards, and come on an exciting journey with us, then we can't wait to hear from you!..... click apply for full job details