Want to?build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's food ingredients and bio-industrial?business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Cargill's global Cocoa and Chocolate business connects our deep cocoa knowledge with our broad food ingredient expertise, managing our supply chain from sourcing the beans at origin up to delivering our cocoa and chocolate products to our customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries.
To strengthen our business we are searching for a skilled Production Manager who will have responsibility for managing the production process in a safe and effective manner. The Production Manager will coach and develop a group of operators and the sites planning and production logistics activities.
- Ensure safety at all times, drive towards a 'Zero harm' culture for accidents and illnesses, ensuring legal compliance with environmental health and safety requirements
- Ensure compliance with food safety and quality standards
- Provide leadership and mentor our team allowing development of strong leaders at all levels, ensuring succession and capability for a more diverse workforce
- Ownership for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions
- Monitor overall manufacturing operational results (i.e. yields, consumables, efficiencies and cost figures) and take appropriate action to stay on track with budgets and other agreed targets
- Accountable for overseeing execution and delivery of production commitments for the site
- Maintain a preventative maintenance system with a focus on operator care of machinery
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement together with timely root cause analysis of non-standard conditions
- Degree in a relevant subject such as Engineering, Food Science or qualified through extensive experience
- Production management experience in Food/ Drink/ Consumer Goods or other relevant manufacturing sector
- Demonstrated people leadership skills, with the ability to coach and motivate a team of production operators, providing constructive feedback and suggesting improvements for performance
- Facilitate the budgetary process
- Excellent change and influencing skills
- A recognised safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate)
- Hands-on knowledge of and passion for continuous improvement and problem solving techniques e.g. Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast- paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview/ facility tour will also be needed...... click apply for full job details