About The Role
Our Production Managers have a big job, it's down to them to ensure our manufacturing operation runs smoothly, ensuring we deliver great quality products to our customers, on time. It's demanding, pacey and ever-changing. Reporting into the Site Manager, you will manage a team of Shift Managers who are responsible for a large number of operators and technicians.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Health & Safety of all colleagues whilst maintaining and making improvements in all areas
- Maintaining a balanced scorecard against KPIs to drive further growth across the site
- Maximising profits and drive performance improvement
- Working with our current teams to drive the Continuous Improvement Strategy, through colleague involvement and engagement
As well as strong leadership skills you will also:
- Be working as a Production Manager/Operations Manager, or equivalent, within a large scale, fast-paced production environment - ideally across Food Manufacturing.
- Have a proven track record in an operational management role in particular delivering results, with a strong emphasis on leading, motivating and developing.
- Have experience in leading and coaching managers to drive forward results and step change operational performance would also be a great advantage, and would be in line with the expectations of our current managers.
- Have a good working knowledge of the tools and techniques of Continuous Improvement and how to integrate them into a business.
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, car allowance, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
About our Grimsby Manufacturing Site
Grimsby employs 700 people predominantly on a 4/4 off shift which is supported fully by the site engineering team who cover days and nights. The site supplies 90% of all Morrisons seafood from two facilities, Pegasus which is the wet fish site processing Salmon & White fish and the other being Lakeside which is mainly packing and further processing such as smoking with a number of production lines. Within Lakeside it covers Low risk, High Care and High Risk products. Both sites have state of the art world class processing equipment and has recently undergone significant investment in capital and infrastructure.
From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day...... click apply for full job details