We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to work on the day shift (05:30 start Sun - Thurs) within the Sausage Division based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage, Leicester site.
Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
To manage all activities within the Sausage Factory. This will include overall responsibility for H&S, Food Safety and the effective, efficient, and safe utilisation of labour, machinery and materials to agreed company targets and standards. This may include working in conjunction with other managers in a working pattern arrangement.
- Achievement of KPI's in relation to production efficiencies, people, quality and profitability through a continuous improvement approach.
- To ensure that within the manufacturing unit, customer orders are fully achieved, to specification and available in accordance with despatch timescales.
- Line Management responsibility for the Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Set, agree and monitor targets to ensure the units people development objectives are met and continuously improved.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Department
- Fully conversant and be able to report on cost elements of products, yields, labour efficiencies and wastage.
- In conjunction with ancillary departments identify and agree appropriate measures and interventions to ensure that the manufacturing units targets are achieved.
- To be the point of contact for customer liaison including technical visits, audits and buying visits.
- Ensure a safe working environment by taking a pro-active stance towards health & safety issues
- To identify, justify and implement the Capital Expenditure proposals required for the continuing improvement of efficiencies, quality and people within the manufacturing unit's whole environment.
- In liaison with the Factory Manager conduct and delivers the preparation and justification of the budgeting and five-year planning activities for the manufacturing unit.
- Coordinate and monitor the management of stock control activities within the manufacturing unit
- Develop and maintain the appropriate communication forum(s) within the manufacturing unit to ensure that all colleagues are fully aware of relevant information e.g. Business appreciation, customer issues, project and people developments
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Food Hygiene - Level 3
- Health & Safety - Level 3
- HACCP - Level 3
- Previous People Management experience within a chilled food environment is essential
- Commercial awareness and a strong commitment towards quality and customer service.
- A resilient, credible leadership style with the ability to inspire, coach and develop the team.
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Reliable and conscientious with the ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs is essential
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets...... click apply for full job details