UK Creative Services
Production Consultant / Merchandiser - Accessories / Jewellery / Stationery
At UK, Creative Services, we design, develop and source innovative product ranges across a diverse range of categories including several licensed products for our retail customers. We're fast paced, dynamic and people love being part of our team because they're encouraged to be innovative, energetic and to make a difference through their contribution to the business.
We are looking for an experienced Accessories Production Consultant / Merchandiser with a commercial eye for great quality, particularly within Jewellery or Stationery products. Partnering with suppliers, you will be seeking a challenge as you take on this largely standalone role within a wider team of merchandisers. This is a hands-on role where you will be involved in all stages of the product from communicating design specifications to suppliers through to delivery of final product.
What You Will Do
- Deliver cost effective supply solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin.
- Critical path, project and supplier management.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, sales and profit targets.
- Procurement and tender process management.
- Identify and regularly review potential and existing suppliers and negotiate commercially viable product lines, whilst building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Undertakes research and develops processes to achieve optimum change when required.
- Following up and checking production samples for quality purposes. Reviews existing and alternative production methods workflow and laisse with factories re: machinery and costs.
- Devises and implements production control methods to monitor operational efficiency;
- Communicating with overseas offices to track development and production.
- Coordinating with designers to ensure all production requirements are met.
- Communicating with factories to ensure all documents are (shipping/invoices etc.) are accurate, complete and received on time. Arranging tags/labels for ordering and shipment.
- Entering orders and products onto the software package and liaising with the Accounts Department.
- Legislation (to include legislation related to pricing, trading standards, health and safety contracts and employment laws).
- Build strong relationships with customers to ensure a professional delivery service.
What We're Looking For
- Accessories/Jewellery/Stationery production merchandising experience working with offshore factories
- Knowledge of the production process from initial concept through to final delivery
- Strong IT skills including Word and Excel (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Excellent organisation skills coupled with a high attention to detail
- Collaborative team member with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally as and when required...... click apply for full job details