The Company -
Topps Tiles is the UK's largest tile specialist with over 350 stores. Our plans for growth and desire to grow our market share mean we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion.
The Role -
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Assistant to join our Buying Department. Reporting to the Product Team Leader, the Product Assistant will provide critical information to the business through their reporting and be a crucial interface between our department and stores, a key member of the Buying and Product teams.
A collaborative team worker, you'll be working closely with colleagues across the business, responsible for creating and updating cross functional reports across both the retail and commercial sides of the business. With this in mind, we will expect you to have the ability to influence and drive results through teamwork and passion.
- Reporting Functions -
- Create and maintain periodic sales and stock reports as well as purchase analysis
- Adhoc reporting for the Buying Department and Inventory Manager (Margin, purchase, sales and inventory reports)
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Database Duties -
- Maintain and update database with new products and prices etc.
- Update the database for all Promotions
- Set up, plan and co-ordinate all new product launches
- Buying and Technical Support -
- Liaise with suppliers for product information
- Promotions support
- Log and track Trading Agreements and rebate information
- Adhoc stock and sale reporting
- Communication with stores for technical support
- Store / Customer Support -
- Provide product related support and advice to stores and internal departments
- Manage and process our email inbox - co-ordinating multiple responses from internal teams
- Prepare and co-ordinate internal communications to stores
- The Person / Experience -
- Proven track record in reporting, preferably using Excel with some knowledge of Jet
- Microsoft Word & Excel skills to an intermediate standard is essential
- Database experience, preferably with NAV (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Previous Product/Buying Assistant experience within a retail buying team would be beneficial
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical
- A proven ability to develop strong working relationships across the business and with suppliers
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organization and skills, ability to prioritise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
- Can do attitude
- A competitive salary.
- Bonus and uncapped commission schemes (dependent on your role) that run four times a year, helping you to share in our success.
- A generous staff discount scheme allows you to make purchases from our stores at below market price.
- Enhanced maternity/adoption and paternity pay, and childcare vouchers.
- A ShareSave scheme that allows you to invest in us and share our success.
- Pension & Life Assurance schemes with company contributions available to help you provide for your retirement.
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies including discounts on insurance, holidays and retail vouchers.
- Holiday entitlement that increases with length of service...... click apply for full job details