Principle Designer- Architectural
(Senior Architects & Architectural Technologist will both be considered)
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: £38,000-43,000 Dependant on experience
My client is a successful and fast-growing firm based in North Yorkshire who now require a Principle Designer to join their dynamic team. They are RIBA Chartered and multi-award-winning and are know for their great company culture and design excellence across a number of projects including the Commercial, Leisure, Logistics, Retail and Mixed-Use sectors.
In this role you will be responsible for reporting straight to the Director whilst actively co-ordinating the internal design/ project reviews. The desired candidate will enjoy both the design side of the role but also, the admin side too and be able to add value quickly.
On offer is an attractive salary, appealing company benefits and the chance to work in a fantastic team with plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
- ARB/ RIBA/ CIAT Accredited
- At least 7-10 years' experience post qualification
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills both verbally and written
- Working knowledge of Revit is essential and not negotiable
- Principal Designer qualifications are desirable (NEBOSH / IOSH / IIRSM / CDM / IMaPS / CMaPS)
Whilst working as a Principle Designer you will:
- Coordinate in-house Designer Risk Assessments and Risk Registers.
- Support in further developing the Environmental and Health & Safety Management systems.
- Train members of the team and advise in legislative requirements and any changes.
- Manage Duty Holder requirements.
- Audit project control files.
- Review production information including planning packages, working drawings, technical details and tender packages.
- Lead and attend design team meetings both internally and externally.
- Prepare reports detailing H&S risks that have been identified using existing surveys and reports.
- Undertake full drawing package reviews of all H&S, design documents and drawings and provide teams with further advice and comments.
- Aid the design process ensuring that all projects are 'safe by design'.
If you're interested in the above role, please get in touch by sending your updated CV and Portfolio across to OR alternatively, give me a call on / for a friendly and confidential chat...... click apply for full job details