Power Systems Consultant
Would you like to join a growing our growing Power Systems team in Manchester, Staines or Brighton? Providing technical studies input for a range of projects involving UK and international clients. The work will focus on delivery of power systems analysis services for distribution, transmission and conventional/renewable generation projects around the world.
The Consultant will provide technical input into multiple projects and will also lead small project teams.
· Provide technical input on a variety of projects for distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy and grid integration, including: Power system planning, grid connection studies, protection and substation design
· Contribute towards the submission of high quality bids and proposals to existing and potential clients
· Work with RINA colleagues, management and business development teams to meet and foster relationships with current and prospective clients
· Network at all levels within RINA, client organisations and other external bodies as applicable
· Represent RINA to clients at bid presentations and project presentations
· Management of small project teams
· Engage on a variety of power systems analysis projects for distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy and grid integration, including: power system planning, grid connection studies, protection and substation design
· Engage with, and present to clients during project meetings
· Support RINA to achieve its goals, and RINA colleagues to achieve their potential
Qualifications & experience
- Experienced in a power systems engineering environment
- Possess a thorough understanding of power system theory
- Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or other relevant technical discipline
- Hold, or be working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Proficient with modern simulation software and electrical circuit modelling tools e.g. PSS/E, DigSILENT Powerfactory, ETAP, ERACS etc.Experience with software script writing would be an advantage
- Have a good track record on static and dynamic power system studies
- Knowledge of controller models and their operation
- Possess an understanding of transmission and distribution grids (LV to 400 kV) around the world, grid code requirements and industry accepted practices and grid connection processes
- An understanding of Project Management principles and tools
- Ability to work effectively within a flexible team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
You must be eligible to work within the UK/EU. You'll offer more than most to exceed the expectations of our world-class clients. You'll use highly developed communications skills to interact with colleagues and clients as well as promote an inspiring environment influencing other junior members of the team.
As an exceptional communicator you'll have highly-developed report writing and presentation skills, enviable negotiation skills and the ability to engage your clients with your articulate and credible manner. You'll thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs whilst having the ability to build an excellent rapport and represent the company in a professional manner. You'll ensure project management methodologies and practices are consistently applied across the team. You'll demonstrate a highly effective and collaborative approach, sharing knowledge, learning and information to enhance the overall contribution of the team as well as, supporting senior management in fulfilling the company goal objectives.
Why choose us?
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,900 talented professionals, operating in 200 offices in 70 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects.
In addition to the below you will become part of our growing global team, you will find yourself working with world-class professionals and clients in a variety of market sectors.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays);
- Option to buy more holiday;
- Support of Military Reservists - 5 additional unpaid days;
- Healthcare cover (Family can be added at an additional cost);
- Matched 6% pension;
- Life Assurance;
- Professional development to become chartered;
- Pay for professional membership;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Employee perks - retail discounts;
- Generous recruitment referral bonus;
- 4 half days paid leave for STEM Ambassadors;
- Season ticket loan.
We are proud to put our people and clients at the heart of everything we do and offer our employees:
Structured & continuous development programme
Quick integration into a wide variety of projects
Opportunity to travel.
***This vacancy has not been submitted to any agencies, please apply directly by following the link to our careers page***
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date...... click apply for full job details