*Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse | POA | Registered Nurse | Band 5 | Southend | Full Time.*
Increase your chances of reaching the interview stage by reading the complete job description and applying promptly.
Spire Wellesley has an exciting new opportunity for a Pre-operative Assessment Nurse to join our well-established team on a full time basis.
Spire Wellesley offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from across Essex. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff.
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have recently completed a Theatre refurbishment to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital.
*Duties and responsibilities: *
* This is a key patient safety role within Spire - The post holder will work as part of the Pre-operative assessment (POA) service ensuring safe and effective pre-operative care. Reporting to the POA lead Nurse the post holder is responsible for ensuring the safe assessment of patients
* Ideally, they will be able to demonstrate a level of assessment skills and ability to escalate clinical findings to determine fitness to proceed to surgery.
*Who we're looking for: *
* Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
* Have a minimum of 2 years nursing experience post qualification.
* Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
* Strong communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
* Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
* â€Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
* Free Bupa wellness screening
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
*Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.*
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jodie Walsh on or email
*Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.*
_Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications_
About Us: Welcome to Spire Healthcare Careers - Here at Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion. We have been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 25 years. Everything we do works towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. Weâ€™re committed to looking after people, both patients and staff. Join us, and youâ€™ll receive a warm welcome.
*Who are we? *- A profitable, successful business led by an experienced and stable senior management team, we provide the highest quality of care through the latest medical technology, new facilities, and a focus on inspiring leadership and employee development.
About the Team: Spire Wellesley Hospital takes pride in providing a high standard of care and some of the latest medical technology. With a full multidisciplinary medical team, you can get fast access to consultations with specialists. We offer a wide range of treatments that are personalised to you and as much aftercare as you clinically need.
Location: Eastern Avenue, Southend-on-Sea SS2
Job Type: Full-time