Tarmac are recruiting for a Plant Supervisor for Europe's largest infrastructure project, HS2. HS2 Ltd will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
The successful candidate will provide support across the HS2 plants, managing the team of operatives to meet the safety, production and financial targets for the unit on a daily basis. Site safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role with cost control, people management, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement also being a key aspect of this role.Main Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Leading and actively supervising the operational teams
- Delivering tool box talks as required
- Managing all aspects of daily production including operational costs and controlling stocks
- Efficient manufacture of concrete, controlling standard deviation and cement contents
- Driving operational performance through Key Performance Indicators and reporting on this as required
- Providing effective coaching and performance management to direct reports
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Taking responsibility for personal and colleagues safety at all times
- Maintaining site housekeeping to a high standard
- Batch concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Managing fixed and variable costs
- Taking responsibility for the budget in for the plants.
The ideal candidate should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of leading and actively supervising operational teams as well as experience in plant operations and ideally previous experience of a Ready Mix and/or aggregates environment. You'll also have a full knowledge of risk assessments and safe system of work and be able to actively identify and implement site and process improvements as needed. If you have a working knowledge of production processes, health, safety and Environmental policies that would prove useful in this role too.
In terms of qualifications it would be ideal if you were to be in possession of the IOSH managing safely accreditation and possessed an NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations. We're looking for someone who can proactively look for opportunities to identify customer needs and effectively communicate to translate those opportunities into customer services and sales.Why Tarmac
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?..... click apply for full job details