Job Title: Personal Injury Team Leader (2 vacancies)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary Range: Up to £32,000 DOE.
Closing Date for Applications: 30th January 2022
Personal Injury Team Leader:As a Personal Injury Team Leader in our Eastleigh office, you will have the responsibility of leading a team of Personal Injury Claims Handler through motivating and coaching them to deliver continual market leading performance and an exceptional customer claims journey.
The role of a Personal Injury Team Leader is to identify opportunities to optimise and control indemnity spend through tailoring individual coaching and development plans for each member of their team, to maximise output.
Please note that experience working within Personal Injury insurance is desired, we will also consider those with in-depth knowledge of Motor Claims.
Main responsibilities as the Personal Injury Team Leader:
· To maintain an appropriate working environment in which staff can provide a quality service to all internal and external customers, promoting the Ageas Way in Claims.
· To be responsible for discipline, training and ongoing development of all staff in the team. This will include identifying training needs and mentoring individuals towards attaining their potential. Ensuring all team members have the required level of skill to handle claims and meet the expectations in a complex environment.
· To promote and embed department strategies and initiatives, providing feedback to help support and evolve future plans.
· Analyse team and individual performance through data, observation and file audits to understand strengths and gaps.
· Implement robust performance plans for those not meeting expectations.
· To carry out regular 121 meetings to discuss performance and behaviour and to carry out formal annual and half-yearly performance reviews.
· To provide or facilitate technical and job related support to team members ensuring Company best practice and Statutory and Regulatory requirements are adhered to.
· To provide or facilitate training and technical support on fraud awareness and avoidance.
To communicate effectively at all levels and ensure timely feedback is given to the Operations Leader on success and failure by the team.
Skills and experience you need as a Personal Injury Team Leader:
· You will have a full thorough understanding of the Insurance industry and market agreements coupled with experience in a Personal Injury claims environment.
· You will ideally hold a degree or equivalent in a relative field and it would be advantageous to have theoretical knowledge of or have obtained your CII qualification.
· Excellent team building skills are a must, the successful candidate will need to motivate and coach their team members to maximise both individual and team performance, even for example during a period of change management.
· You will have a proven record of problem solving and decision making, together with the ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and manage teams effectively whilst under pressure.
· Working knowledge and practice of Excel and Word are essential and an understanding of analysing and interpreting Management Information data is important.
· Excellent verbal communication skills are a non-negotiable as you will need to clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders whilst upholding a level of tact and diplomacy.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the PI Team Leader role based in Eastleigh:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.