M Group Services delivers a range of essential infrastructure services within the water, energy (retail and non-retail) transport and telecommunication sectors in UK & Ireland. M Group Services, a trusted employer to c. 9,500 skilled specialists working across 100 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned to its end markets.
We are looking to recruit a Pensions Specialist who is motivated and highly organised to work as a member of the Rewards & Benefits team within our HR function. The Pensions Specialist is responsible for managing all things related to the corporate pensions. To support the development and management of the Groups pension strategy, making sure benefits offered, meet the objectives of the overall total reward strategy, are market aligned, cost effective and compliant.
Key Responsibilities for the Pensions Specialist:
- Lead the relationship and liaise with the plan providers, trustees and the group's pension advisors, including changes required from a strategic or legislative perspective.
- Liaise with Pension providers and the in-house payroll team to ensure all pension related processes are compliant.
- Regularly review the group's pension policy, to ensure that the provision is market aligned, cost effective, compliant, and suitable for future business needs.
- Where a need for change is identified, conduct external research and assessment and then design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Provide Company input to drafting of all pension communications.
- Creating engagement campaigns as required to meet business needs.
- Support the Group and newly acquired businesses in administering existing schemes and activities associated with transitioning acquired business into the Group schemes.
- Work in close partnership with the business, understand requirements and support transition into new schemes.
- Membership of the group Pension Governance Committee and liaising with our pension advisors to manage the terms of reference and agenda for its bi-annual meetings.
- Assess the impact of changes to forthcoming UK pensions legislation for the company and its current pension provision. Where appropriate respond to government consultations.
- Work with external business organisations, regulators and stakeholders such as The Pensions Regulator.
- Support colleagues to understand salary sacrifice and pension tax legislation where required, and their personal responsibilities toward them.
- Be able to interpret and provide guidance on the Scheme Rules and other legal documentation to senior executives, management and HR community.
- Provide support to Reward initiatives which have an impact on pension.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Group on pension matters.
- Administer all auto-enrolment activities on The Pension Regulator website.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Proven technical background in UK pensions, preferably within a large corporate organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of current UK pensions legislation and environment.
- Specific knowledge and experience of DB and DC pensions schemes.
- External pension policy influencer.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Experienced project manager, able to demonstrate previous success in managing large scale change projects.
- Results oriented and able to demonstrate a commercial focus.
- Excellent matrix management and team working skills.
- Pension qualification: FFA/FIA, PMI or similar
What's in it for you?..... click apply for full job details