Join us on the Journey...
Our highly skilled engineering department are going above and beyond, during this global crisis, to ensure our employees and customers are safe by applying their expertise in a number of different areas. The varied role of a technician within National Express, means that as well as completing traditional mechanic based activities, you'll also be able to apply your expertise in a whole host of different areas on our vehicles...not just engines.
As a successful candidate, you will have experience as a PCV or HGV fitter/technician/mechanic and be able to evidence a full apprenticeship/NVQ/City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
What you'll do...
- Diagnose defects and effect repairs to engine, gearbox, chassis, axles, steering and brakes.
- Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage. Welding (gas and mig) and gas cutting with the appropriate qualifications or training
- Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards
- Prepare vehicles for Annual test (MOT)
- Service vehicles in accordance with Company and vehicle manufacturing specifications and to Company and Statutory standards
- Repair defects and identify with vehicle types relevant to your garage or place of work
- Maintain documentation as per documented quality procedures
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Clear and achievable career progression
- Enhanced rates of up to 'double time' for weekend, overtime and night work
- Generous company pension
- Life assurance
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Free travel for you and your partner as well as discounted travel for up to 4 family members
- Variety of retail deals and discounts including days out, cinema, mobile and car
- Employee Assistance Programme
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.