Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values , whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform.
As a Partnerships Associate, you’ll expand Whatnot’s presence in new and existing categories by identifying and recruiting new sellers to join our community within the French market.
Go-to expert of your category
- Become the go-to expert on your category, including seller/buyer dynamics, community channels, influencers, and product nuances
- Become the face of Whatnot for the community of sellers and buyers that you represent
Seller outreach and onboarding
- Source and reach out to sellers to convince them to join and grow their business on Whatnot. Leverage social media, outbound channels, and in-person events
- Onboard groups of sellers teaching them them how to use the app
- Build and maintain strong relationships with sellers and top strategic partners to support their growth and meet their needs
- Collaborate with partners to develop business growth strategies and communicate product improvements and feedback
Marketing and growth
- Spearhead diverse marketing initiatives, such as influencer partnerships/campaigns, to boost brand awareness and attract more buyers
- Use basic data analytics skills (SQL) to derive insights from projects and enhance process efficiency
- Utilize key data points to assess category growth, success, and areas for improvement, driving continuous iteration
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Partnerships Associate in the French Market, you should have2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, client-facing role in high output environments, such as: Strategy Consulting, Private Equity, or partnerships at a fast-paced tech company, plus:
- Fluent French and English speaker, and familiarity of the French market
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in an ambiguous environment with limited guidance
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and execution on both sides of an emerging marketplace
- You have business acumen, are deeply analytical, and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
Nice to Have
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities and/or expertise in existing Whatnot product categories (e.g. vintage clothing, collectibles).
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
$2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
4% employee contribution, 4% employer contribution
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.