Thought is an award winning fashion business that is rapidly growing in strength and reputation through its innovative clothing designs from natural and sustainable materials. Founded in Australia in 1995, Thought, (formerly Braintree Clothing) launched in the UK in 2002. Our collections borrow from nature and the world around us. Both in the fabrics we use and our design inspiration. From seed to stitch, every unique piece has been carefully crafted. Always using sustainable, natural fabrics. And always designed so they're effortless to wear. Thought has a thriving Wholesale business with more than 1,000 stockists across UK and internationally and a rapidly growing ecommerce business dispatching globally.
The strength of the Thought brand has been created with the energy, commitment, talent and enthusiasm from all of its employees to deliver the highest standards. Therefore, the key to the success of our business is the contribution of our staff.
We are recruiting for an PART TIME JUNIOR GARMENT TECH to join our Production Team. We are looking for someone is enthusiastic and driven individual to join our close knit team in North London.
The successful candidate will re port to the Buyer you will be supporting the garment technologists by creating specs workbooks, fitting development samples & advising fit comments to overseas suppliers. You will also be required to check comments & measurements of production to ensure the company's sizing policy is maintained. You will work closely with factories to eliminate any issues and advise with technical specifications.
You will also work closely alongside the Senior Production Coordinator by monitoring all stages of the garment life-cycle in line with the critical path.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To support the technical team on specifically allocated woven styles (womenswear & menswear).
- Compile and manage garment spec packs for styles in the collection in conjunction with the designer and Senior Production Coordinator. This will mainly be woven styles.
- Work alongside garment technologist team, providing accurate technical information for all new style developments.
- Taking ownership of our large sock collection. From creating new specs to measuring and checking samples from proto to shipments stage.
- Updating the fit log for the Senior Production Coordinator in order to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner for both sampling and production.
- Clear communication with suppliers and team, building professional business relationship.
- Work alongside garment technologists to ensure all sample comments reach all suppliers in a timely manner in order to meet critical path deadlines for meeting dates
- Supporting the garment technologist team in measuring samples, ready for fit sessions.
- Supporting the garment technologist team during busy periods by checking measurements and make of pre-productions samples and shipment samples, commenting feedback to suppliers.
- Advise Senior Production Coordinator should any critical problems arrive during either the sampling or production process in order that a solution can be found.
- Quality inspection of all pre-shipped samples
- Occasionally attending fitting sessions with Designer and Buyer, perfecting fit on owned styles to maximise sales and fit consistency for customers.
- Maintaining an organised environment ensuring all samples are stored in their correct areas for ease of access.
- General and varied administration tasks.
Required skills & experience :
- Education in Fashion Design or Fashion Technical.
- Woven garment experience.
- Experience working in a similar role within the industry.
- A ladies-wear background is preferred with experience attending fit sessions.
- Computer literate with excellent experience in outlook, word and especially excel.
- Knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and construction would be advantageous.
- Will have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate both verbal and written English.
- Ability to think on your feet, and problem solve.
- Ability to work well within a small team while building strong relationships with other business functions is essential
- A passionate team player with a proactive, can do attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to flex and keep up with a fast paced working schedule.
- A can-do attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- To represent Thought and promote its brand image through all activities.
This is a fantastic position for someone looking to make a great start to their career and join an exciting fast paced business...... click apply for full job details