We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer-focused Paralegal to join our Legal Advice department in our office in Bedwas, Caerphilly (South Wales).
The department offers telephone legal advice to customers of DAS Legal Expenses Insurance, and can cover a diverse range of legal areas. The advice given can include one-off enquiries to becoming a trusted adviser to customers who require legal advice about an ongoing situation. We advise both individuals and commercial customers, ranging from sole traders to large national organisations.
We pride ourselves on offering a great service to our customers to enable them to make an informed decision about their legal options. You will speak with customers to provide advice on a variety of areas such as; employment law, contractual disputes,consumer matters,property disputes,landlord and tenant issues,crime and family law and numerous other niche areas, and as such will need to have good practical and/or academic knowledge of these areas.
As a Paralegal you can expect to;
- establish the facts of a customer's legal issue, advise on the applicable law and the legal options available;
- offer fixed fee solutions to the customer or refer the matter for an assessment under the customer's legal expenses insurance policy;
- provide excellent customer service to DAS Group customers;
- identify any legal risks associated with a customer's legal issue and advising the customer of potential solutions to enable them to make an informed decision; and
- identify and comply with all applicable service standards as well as regulatory standards
We are looking for an LLB graduate or higher, keen to work in a collaborative team environment and prepared to embrace our values. If you are able to demonstrate a comprehensive practical or academic knowledge of employment, property and consumer law as well as the ability to learn and advise on other every day legal issues effecting personal and commercial clients, we would love to hear from you.
As a team we are passionate and enthusiastic about what we do. Our people are encouraged to think independently and to take ownership of their work. You will be agile in the way that you work and adaptable to change. In return for your commitment we will offer you generous remuneration and an attractive benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy up to a further 5 days
- Company pension scheme with the option to increase contributions
- Group Income Protection for all employees
- Group Legal Protection for all employees
- A choice of either European Motor Assistance or Home Emergency Assistance
- Salary sacrifice benefits including Cycle scheme and season ticket loans
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme including a range of free weekly exercise classes (dependent on your office location) and free eye tests
- Access to our employee discounts hub offering exclusive discounts across thousands of retail partners, including discounted gym memberships at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
- The option to join our Sports and Social club which organises discounted events such as theatre visits, wine tasting and shopping trips.
At DAS we support flexible working and are happy to discuss flexible working options.