We're looking for a talented Packaging Technologist to work for our client.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and successful nuts and snacks manufacturer in Liverpool on a permanent basis, with the option to work full-time or part-time depending on your circumstances. The role encompasses sourcing new packaging from concept stage through to launch and will suit an experienced Packaging Technologist who excels in delivering effective and timely packaging solutions within fast-paced FMCG environments.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
You will work on sourcing new packaging for own label and branded products from concept stage through to launch, as well as ensuring that all packaging sourced is fit for purpose, safe, innovative, cost effective as specified to meet customer, company and legal requirements. In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Working on re-developing existing formats to deliver process, cost or environmental improvements where required.
- Liaising with packaging suppliers to gain samples, quotes and up to date information on packaging innovation.
- Seeking out and accessing the feasibility of new packaging formats to achieve new business aims.
- Co-ordinating the collation, maintenance and submission of packaging waste information for the business to meet its legal requirements under current environment regulations
The ideal candidate for the Packaging Technologist role will have a track record working with packaging in an FMCG setting, ideally with experience working in cross-functional teams to deliver projects to deadline. Key skills will include…
- Ability to establish plans, determine priorities and someone who is proactive and able to show attention to detail
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels including customers and confident under pressure
- Basic appreciation of packaging materials especially flexible and corrugated packaging
- Experience with line trials and transit testing
- Basic understanding of QA and QC procedures
Basic salary: £25,000 - £30,000 for full-time, pro rata for part-time hours.
Benefits to include a flexi-time working arrangement, free onsite parking, free tea and coffee, plus much more.
The business you'll be working for is a forward-thinking food manufacturer based in Aintree, Liverpool, part of a large international group of companies.
They're a company that people want to work for because they get the chance to play a part in the continued success of a dynamic and ambitious business.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Packaging Technologist role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.