We are recruiting for an Outbase Manager to join an exciting new contract based in Wigan.This role is key to the success of our business and you will represent our business to the customer daily. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional levels of customer service and ensure the customer receives their deliveries in excellent condition.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
How will you contribute?
- Always Ensure Health and Safety compliance and promotion within the contract
- Lead a high performing team, setting challenging business targets and performance standards
- Work alongside client's management team in delivering World Class service and operational efficiency
- Maintain efficient cost control and financial performance to achieve customer financial targets and allow Wincanton to achieve margin and profit targets
- To proactively lead HD colleagues to achieve planned routes and customer delivery windows
- Ensure HDP colleagues are briefed at the start of every shift
- To ensure that all legal compliance with vehicles and drivers are fully adhered too, ensuring both are fully compliant
- To ensure drivers are always legally compliant (including WTD) and address issues of lack of conformance through the appropriate disciplinary channels
- To ensure that all staff are fully trained and inducted
- Analyse reports against key performance indicators, with NPS acting as the key driver in the customer relationship and advise on action to improve results
- Drive performance, timekeeping, attendance, overtime and sickness levels of individual colleagues and action as per procedures
- Conduct delivery technician 'Welcomes' at the end of each journey to check for missed deliveries or other issues and take corrective action
- Conduct monthly team meetings to communication performance levels and key contract information to employees
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are maintained to ensure strict SLA adherence
- Conduct investigation, disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings as required
- Ensure that administration is carried out in a thorough and consistent manner, with 100% payroll compliance and accuracy
- To create a clear Succession Plan with the identification, coaching, support and development of the Partner and Management team
- To manage, lead and motivate the warehouse operations team to achieve all operational K.P.I.s.
- Demonstrate an active commitment to safety via regular communication and safety tours
- Achievement of all targets in line with operational key performance indicators, whilst supporting, implementing and introducing innovative ideas and solutions
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the team and ensure consistent full utilisation of resources is achieved
What will you bring?
- Leadership and management of a team with acute awareness and respect for Health & Safety
- CPC holder - International
- Transport management experience
- Warehouse management experience
- Excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with customers and colleagues
- Must be able to demonstrate the commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility to be able to respond to seasonal customer demand and see the customer's business from their perspective
- Negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to present well-reasoned arguments to evaluate and solve opportunities and risks
- An understanding of budgetary implications and their impact on operational KPIs
- Leading by example and displaying a fair and consistent management style
- Experience of Transport and Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Customer focused with excellent leadership and communication skills
- Transport and Warehouse management experience ideally gained within a fast paced, retail distribution environment, with Home Delivery expertise
- Ability to provide budgetary and financial awareness and be able to work within an closed book environment
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and the ability to implement change as required
- Experience of dealing with disciplinary, grievance and absence management procedures
- Experience of a creating a strong culture of Continuous Improvement
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!..... click apply for full job details