Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Liverpool, L20 8DF
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm (Mon - Thurs), 7:30am - 3:30pm (Fri), *Weekend Cover (day off in lieu)
S&B Herba Foods Ltd is a leading Rice and Pulses business in the UK (part of the Ebro Foods Group) serving the wholesale, retail and food manufacturing industries.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager at our Mill in Bootle, to manage the operation from raw material through to finished product and dispatch ensuring it meets all Food Safety regulations, Quality and Legal standards. They will be reporting into the General Manager. The role involves the following:
- Managing the 24/7 shifts of the Processors, Packers, Hygiene, Intake and general Warehouse Operatives to meet the demands of the production schedules.
- Fulfilling the requirements of the Company's Quality System to ensure it meets the BRC Standards through effective deployment and training of personnel throughout the plant.
- Overseeing the recruitment and delegation of tasks to ensure we meet low cost and high quality manufacturing - KPI driven targets.
- Assisting and liaising with the Quality Team during the BRC and Customer Audits.
- Coordinating all Occupational Health activities so employees receive the required induction training and health checks during their employment.
- Contributing to and maintaining the H&S practices of the Company.
- To provide cover in the General Manager's absence.
- Liaising with the GM and Technical Manager ensuring all HACCP, SOP's and SWP's are adhered to and appropriately documented.
- Work closely with the Quality Supervisor and Technical Manager to ensure corrective actions from internal and external audits are closed off in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the administration of the Company's Computer database (Navision) is updated regularly so that stock reporting remains up to date to enable any inaccuracies and discrepancies to be investigated in good time.
- Liaising with the Shipping Manager and Logistic Departments to understand and meet the production needs of Customers.
- Fully investigate complaints - "root cause" and take corrective actions.
- Managing people / teams (at least 3 years at this level) in Manufacturing. Experience of the Food Manufacturing sector will be more desirable.
- Knowledge of Rice Products and Flour Milling would be beneficial but not essential.
- Understanding of Manufacturing processes / PLC Controlled Machines.
- Has been HACCP trained or has worked with HACCP in the past 3 years.
- Thrives in working in a fast, demanding and lean environment.
- Can act fast to changing situations/plans.
- Can demonstrate being instrumental in changing working practices and cultures.
- Can demonstrate experience of managing a budget against the constraints of the operation.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Candidates with experience of: Operations Executive, Senior Operations Executive, Operations Manager, Senior Operations Manager, and Production Manager may also be considered for this role.