Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- To assist managing all Administration Processes
- To be the first point of contact for the admin support team
- Recruit new starters to the admin team as agreed with senior Ops and Account management
- Fully participate and assist in the training of all new starters to the admin team
- To provide management information and reporting data on a weekly basis and any additional reports as required
- Be an example of best practice at all times particularly ensuring that accuracy in all input data etc is maintained.
- To take the lead in ensuring IT processes and systems are properly and efficiently utilised
- Constant communication and day-to-day correspondence with the Contract Management team
- Ensure client liaison, is smooth and effective
- Carry out annual appraisals (or greater frequency as the business dictates) of all admin team members
- Update internal and external databases and administration systems as required
- Ensure all compliance certification is received and processed as required
- Accurately file manually and electronically as per business policy and procedures
- Raise Purchase Order Requests
- Absolute responsibility for capturing all costs including all materials and subcontractors
- Raise all actions in the SAFE system and allocate to relevant managers
- Final accurate closure of all regional actions in the SAFE system
- Support financial processes e.g. aged debt and WIP reduction
- Ensure that all health and safety company procedures are adhered to
- Ownership of data systems and contract processes to ensure records are maintained and processes followed as appropriate
- Create and manage contract report and supporting contract documentation
- Assist in the preparation for client meetings
- Manage the quote process for contracts
- The timely completion of all scanning and uploading as required by the business
- Administer the appointment and use of subcontractors
- In conjunction with the General Manager Winter Maintenance organise rotas and extended shift times for admin staff to provide support to gritting/winter operations
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined you may be required to perform other duties assigned and requested by the Head of Operations or Head of Key Accounts
- Administration experience essential
- Management experience essential including all aspects of a performance management process
- Able to lead, motivate and manage a team effectively
- Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills as part of personal and professional development
- Flexibility over working hours. In particular to cover occasional out of hours working to support winter maintenance
- Lead by example in all role activities
- Relevant experience of Microsoft packages
- Excellent data entry skills
- Financial Awareness
- A flexible approach to working
- A knowledge of facilities management sectors is desirable
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- Relationship building skills - in particular to be a self-starter willing to take the initiative when necessary and excellent ability to work well within a team structure, and support and guide team members as required
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.