This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK.Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Provide team leadership, direction and oversight to the multiple operations of the Plant through the high-performance work systems and TPM methodologies, systems and tools to build a high-performance culture of continuous improvement and enhance organizational capability.
- Partner with Site and Regional Leaders to develop and execute strategic plans to deliver short- and long-term plans for our People, Performance and Growth objectives.
- Create and execute the site AM Pillar Plan and Strategy in line with Journey to Excellence (JTE, McCormick term for Continuous Improvement) Masterplan.
- Develop and deploy objectives, goals, strategies and measures to meet or exceed established performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, reliability, cost, service, staffing and engagement.
- Build and support linkage into strategic agenda: capital, loss analysis, people development, workforce planning, change management, inclusive of Employee Relations strategy
- Drive the organization to a culture of total employee ownership by effectively managing systems to drive empowerment and engagement for all employees and promoting active participation in learning and continuous improvement activities.
- Leveraging TPM methodologies, systems and tools to establish and maintain comprehensive continuous improvement processes that maximize Employee capabilities and contributions to drive improvements in the areas of productivity, reliability, costs, quality and safety.
- Develop, collaborate and engage strong cross functional relationships (R&D, Commercial, etc). to eliminate loss and enable growth, to include new and existing products are manufactured on time and in specifications to meet customer demand and with key vendors as they relate to the operations function to include fit for use materials and products
- Ownership of operating budget and input into capital budget for area(s).
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Management or related field
- Significant experience working and leading in production / operations roles in a manufacturing plant environment
- Experience leading multiple teams and/or departments to include direct and indirect reports
- Experience in achieving project goals and objectives by applying the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion
- Experience working in TPM environments
- Knowledge of an ERP (SAP preferred), manufacturing methods and related equipment.
- Experience in the food and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry preferred.
- FDA / GMP knowledge preferred.
- Ability to be an influencer of change initiatives
· Ability to understand implications of commercial strategies and to make operational changes to support organizational performance
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz .
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our "Power of People" principle.This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at (job req. n° 83901).
Agencies:McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer...... click apply for full job details