Operations Engineer (Linux) - Ubuntu Unix Bash Powershell Python - Virtualisation (Xen VMware KVM Hyper-V)
Reed are delighted to be working with a Bath based software company, who are seeking an experienced Linux Operations Engineer to join their talented and passionate team.
If you are a proactive, ambitious, tech enthusiast who has a passion for solving complex problems then this could be the perfect opportunity for you……..
Within this position the successful candidate will support the organisations virtualised infrastructure, providing support on a global basis to customers and be the key escalation point for junior members of the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ownership of software updates across all customer platforms (SMB and Retail).
* Act as an escalation point for the Shift Team for day to day support queries as and when required.
* Maintaining and Supporting virtualization software and infrastructure
* Assisting our partners and customers with deploying Zynstra servers, both remotely and on-site, and providing guidance and familiarization deploying and using our solution
* Deliver technical IT support as required to our growing diverse client base
* Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
* Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
* Taking a lead role in coordinating any major incidents relating to software deployed in the region
* Leading projects to migrate customers to new servers
* Have a keen interest in technology and desire to keen up to date with new and emerging technologies
Required skills and experience:
* Experience in deploying, support and troubleshooting Linux server operating systems.
Linux Ubuntu Operating systems
* Solid understanding of core internet technologies - Routing/Switching, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls...... click apply for full job details