About The Role
Our sites are ever-demanding, complex and in some cases operate 24 hours a day - so it's vital we have a strong Engineering team who ensure our machines work to the best of their ability. So we can provide great product to our customers, whilst still ensuring speediness. Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, you will also
- Work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
- Work collaboratively within the engineering team, providing support in investigating means of improving plant productivity and also investigating and establishing causes for all breakdowns and damages.
- Action any repairs and ensure that all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised and you will be involved in electrical and mechanical proactive and re-active maintenance.
- Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and damages
- Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance
- Be proactive in ensuring good health and safety on site
As well as the ability to work at pace, we're also looking for someone who has
- Qualifications to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertivement with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
About The Company
About Turriff Manufacturing
Here we produce high quality meat for processing at our meat and chilled manufacturing sites. There's also a good chance that your lamb chops came from this site in Scotland.Operating five days a week, our Turriff manufacturing facility covers 150,000 square feet on seven acres of land. At our cattle and sheep processing site, our 300+ colleagues supply beef and lamb to Farmers Boy and external businesses such as Birds Eye. We also source Scottish livestock for our Scottish stores.
Please note: this is an Abattoir environment.From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer. We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons...... click apply for full job details