Mid-Level Back End PHP Developer - Building APIs to interact with a NoSQL database - 4 Days Remote Working
*Please note that my client cannot offer VISA sponsorship for this role
Your new company
You'll be joining a global technology distribution company that work with some of the biggest brands in the world, driving innovation and specialist services. They partner with 700+ global technology brands and over 13,000 resellers, eCommerce Operators and retailers. You will be joining an expanding team of 4000 employees with a FY19 global turnover of £3.6 Billion!
They are a team of empowered people who take pride in their success. operate to the highest ethical standards and take ownership in everything they do. They like to invest in their people and recognise talent, always encouraging creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Your new role
As a Back End Developer, you will be responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between servers and the frontend. Your primary focus will be the enhancement and evolution of the primary APIs that serve the Digital Direct to Consumer websites and the underlying bespoke CMS's that provide "self-service" capability to our clients, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests.
Application development includes the creation of front-end user interfaces, middle tier and data layers, as as as the maintenance, troubleshooting, and small enhancements of legacy applications.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this in an important role within the IT department, giving the holder the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven technical skills as an OO/MVC Developer, working within an industry standard framework
* Adept and producing fully responsive applications within a multitude of environments using modern up-to-date techniques, whilst still being able to support legacy systems and platforms
* The ability to manage your time, meeting goals to ensure all work in completed on time, to the standards as set by the development procedures.
* The ability to manage your time, meeting goals to ensure all work is completed on time, to the standards as set by the development procedures.
* Demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modelling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and code standards compliance
* Ability to work within a team to translate requirements into technical designs within an Agile environment
What you'll get in return
* Generous holiday package with an encouragement to take your full entitlement to spend time with friends and family to recharge!
* Great staff discounts - One of the benefits of working for a successful technology distributor is the opportunity for their employees to buy products at cost price
* Healthcare - They have a company funded healthcare scheme for all of their employees from the Healthshield Group
* Cycle to work scheme
* Life Assurance - From day 1 you will have Life Assurance Cover equivalent to 2x basic salary
* Award-winning recognition scheme for employees performance
* Loyalty bonus scheme
* Accredited training courses available
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.