Job Title: Microsoft Azure Pre-Sales Consultant
Location: UK Wide (4 primary client locations: London, Birmingham, Manchester and Bristol)
Travel Frequency: Hybrid (50% travel required to client site but also not necessarily 3-4 days per week, every week. It can vary depending on client needs and also to maintain work life balance)
Working Pattern: Full-time Permanent
The job on offer
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Microsoft Applications and Cloud Engineering team’s pre-sales capability to help drive growth in our Azure capability. You will form part of a team that helps to shape our future projects and client engagements by identifying new opportunities to implement Azure services into organisations. This role will be involved in the earliest stages of an opportunity through early delivery (sales to delivery handover).
The Microsoft team at Capgemini UK is now 170 strong and you will be working with people ranging in experience, from early and emerging talent to specialists. We are looking for people with a passion for Microsoft technology and the benefits it brings to our clients. And someone who has a consultative nature that can help customers on their journey to adopting Azure services.
With training and development support all the way through your career and clients across multiple industries (Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Transport and Health) you’ll never have a dull moment or find yourself short of challenges!
- Identify business opportunities within existing clients and build a portfolio of new customer.
- Build sales content and work with sales and marketing teams to highlight our capabilities in Azure Cloud Native and DevOps and the business value and benefits organisations can achieve from using it.
- Prepare and deliver demos and POCs to technical and non-technical stakeholders, including c-suite.
- Act as solution lead on sales engagements and set architecture best practices and processes as well as high-level and low-level solution design of Azure Cloud based solutions.
- Support estimation and planning for bid responses, and be a trusted advisor for colleagues and client stakeholders, building strong relationships and customer trust.
We are looking for individuals with a desire to continually develop their knowledge of new functionality in the Microsoft technology stack, knowing what the future holds and how it can benefit our customers.
We are also looking for those who can bring the following to our team:
- Energy and excitement about the technologies and capabilities provided by Azure, and the ability to demonstrate it to others to drive engagement and adoption.
- Great consulting and leadership skills to form strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues and to drive growth.
- Working knowledge of Azure PaaS components and a software engineering mindset (at least one modern programming language), with an understanding of the following areas:
- Understanding of Scripting languages, PowerShell/Bash.
- PaaS, Serverless, IaaS including VMs, Storage, security configuration.
- Automation and Configuration Management tools such as ARM templates, Bicep or Terraform.
- Azure Services (Application Insights, Azure DevTest Lab, API Management, Web and Mobile Apps, Windows VM etc.).
- Awareness of other CI, CD & build automation tools (Jenkins, Quick Build, Teamcity, GitLab, Octopus Deploy etc.).
- Awareness of Containers and Container Orchestration tools, eg, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE, Power Platform and Azure to enable a best fit approach to every solution.
- A passion for delivering according to an agile methodology, planning projects and releases following scrum.
- Recent Microsoft certifications are advised.
You will be required to pass through SC Clearance if you are successful in this recruitment process, which is a condition of undertaking the role. Please ensure you are aware of the requirements before submitting your application. For more information about Security Clearance you can check the requirements in advance online at the government website.
Why Capgemini is unique
- At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality.
- Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.