Whitehall Garden Centre, a family run and award winning business since 1968 creates delightful experiences for garden lovers, foodies and children of all ages.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of an inspirational team as a Merchandiser.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills and personal motivation are essential.
Working days will be Monday to Friday.
Merchandiser responsibilities & Skills
- preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers
- to be based at Head Office Lacock, but will be required to travel to the other centres when necessary
- liaise and work with buyers , other centres and suppliers
- input ideas for seasonal layout plans
- monitor store inventory based on sales and intake
- forecast and optimise sales volume and profitability of designated product areas
- create supplier orders to maintain appropriate stock levels for each centre and webstore
- processing purchase orders and inventory receipts onto the EPOS system
- processing all promotions, offers and discounts onto the EPOS system
- assisting in document coding and data input for sales, purchase and nominal ledger routines
- using computer software to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets
- using Sage Accounting software and be competent in the use and development of spreadsheets to provide information for other users.
- assisting in stock take processing and stock value calculations
- analysing every aspect of bestsellers and ensuring that they reach their full potential
- liaise with the Marketing Manager regarding promotional materials
- maintaining awareness of competitors' performance
- monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
- analysing the previous season's sales and reporting on the current season's lines
- m anaging the distribution of stock, negotiate cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork
- identifying any supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they arise
- be part of a professional team recognising other members work load and being flexible in relieving when busy...... click apply for full job details