Fast growing online fashion retailer in the UK is looking to add fresh talent to their buying team.
They have a presence in the UK, Europe and around the world and operate across several websites and ship to over 100 countries, plus stores in the UK and Europe.
They really are going from strength to strength and have a great online presence with thousands of followers and fans on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and are experts at reacting quickly to the market.
Based in their Head Office in Peterborough you will be working with the Buying team to produce a commercial product range for the brand. Ensuring that sales opportunities and margin are maximised through effective controlling of stock levels, markdown and option planning. You will work in partnership with the buying, merchandising and product support teams to drive the commercial success of product range that maximises sales and margin performance.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Analyse and report on sales performance putting forward a substantiated case for further areas of opportunity or risks to sales and profit
- Consistent awareness of best and worst sellers for the brand and individual departments, proposing repeats where appropriate
- Understanding the market and knowledge of competitors and comparators
- Management of the stock & critical path through effective communication with Buyers on open to buy, stock levels and performance to sales budgets and targets
- Effectively manages stock levels in line with budgets and current trade performance
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the departmental supply base and the associated advantages and disadvantages of different sources
- Accurately maintains the Weekly Sales Stock & Intake (WSSI) ensuring conformance to agreed KPI's
- Maintains appropriate balance of price point and product mix throughout the season
- Ensure best sellers are covered in forward ranges and flow lines are maintained
- Highlight any potential issues with the Head of Merchandising
- Control profit through working with the Buyer to ensure intake margins are maximised
- Take agreed action on markdowns, processing on the system and analyse their effectiveness
- Ensures correct ranking of buys in order to minimise markdown
- Produces a commercial range plan maximising best sellers & lessons learnt
- Ensure best sellers are covered
- Ensure appropriate product launch timing and balance the provision of season appropriate range across all different markets covers
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key partners across the business, with particular emphasis on the Buying, Retail, Logistics and Finance teams
- Maintain passion and positivity to contribute to an enjoyable and successful work environment
- Create and maintain productive relationships with key product suppliers
- Must have demonstrable successful experience in fashion retail merchandising
- Passionate about product with a strong brand awareness
- Advanced planning and analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Results driven with sound commercial acumen
- Relevant degree or equivalent academic qualification is desirable
- Strategic thinker with a hands on, action oriented approach
- Passion for the brand with a strong understanding of the demands of our customer
- Highly motivated and a desire to be the best with proven ability to work well as a team
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace with loyalty and commitment to the business.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at the office and we will respond to your query.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: