Ardmore have been at the forefront in delivering hundreds of major projects across London. We have established a major reputation for delivery of large-scale phased regeneration schemes. Some of our iconic projects include the Corinthia Hotel, Churchills Old War Office and the Greenwich Peninsula.
We build homes, offices, hotels, schools, medical centres, parks, playgrounds – every facility our great city needs. And we do it with passion. With sensitivity. With style!
Are you a skilled and experienced Mechanical Manager seeking an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on a high-profile project? Look no further! We are seeking a talented Mechanical Manager to oversee and lead our mechanical installations team.
- Review and analyse the project’s programme/tracker programme, providing valuable comments and suggestions.
- Thoroughly familiarise yourself with the project’s requirements, specifications, and drawings, as well as the sub-contractors involved.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors have competent managers who understand the project’s drawings and specifications.
- Review and assess sub-contractors’ contracts to ensure compliance with Part 1 and Part 2 requirements.
- Identify and manage long lead-in items, ensuring accurate and timely procurement.
- Collaborate with other managers to coordinate services effectively within the building.
- Allocate work efficiently to sub-contractors, recording possession dates and durations accurately.
- Inspect completed works and sign off, ensuring cleanliness, safety, and no damage.
- Stay updated on relevant legislation, regulations, and industry standards to ensure compliance.
- Maintain accurate QA documentation, including photographs, and make them available for inspection.
- Evaluate the skills and workmanship of labor and tradesmen, signing off on completed tasks.
- Conduct toolbox talks on safety and provide relevant information to sub-contractors.
- Create project-specific method statements and risk assessments to ensure compliance.
- Communicate effectively with contractors and sub-contractors, keeping relevant team members informed.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Manager in large-scale construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and safety practices.
- Familiarity with 4 Projects software for referencing and issuing drawings.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with a focus on meeting project milestones.
- Ability to lead progress meetings and maintain accurate records.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for excellence in mechanical installations and the drive to ensure project success, we want to hear from you! Join our team and contribute to an exciting and rewarding project. Apply now to become our Mechanical Manager!
Example of Company Benefits (Dependent on role level)
- Generous Maternity, Adoption & Paternity Pay scheme
- Medical Cover (Most pre-existing conditions are covered) – Dependent
- Generous amount of holidays, starting with 25 + bank holidays and going up to 30 days + Bank holidays (dependant on length of service), Day off on your birthday also included!
- Competitive pension scheme to help you for when you retire
- Life Assurance (Paying 4 your salary)
- Relevant professional membership fees paid and continued support with your professional growth and Learning.
- Generous Staff referral scheme, paying up to 3,500
- The opportunity to save up to 25% on your bike via the Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on 100’s of retailers and Gyms
Further Information About the Role
Kindly be aware that this advertisement for our job vacancy may not encompass all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described. It is subject to potential amendments at the sole discretion of Ardmore.
For a full role profile, please contact us directly at
Ardmore are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application.
Candidate Privacy Notice
As part of our recruitment process for all roles including employees, consultants and subcontractors, we collect and process personal data relating to job candidates and potential candidates. We explain how we use personal information in the Candidate privacy notice. To view our Candidate privacy notice please visit the Ardmore Group website > Working for us > privacy notice.