ABOUT THE COMPANY
tvg hospitality is a multinational, award-winning venue developer and operator, delivering the next generation of top-level entertainment and hospitality spaces across the world, with concepts that are built on the power of experience. Founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and Grammy Award-winning musician Ben Lovett (Mumford & Sons), tvg celebrates the boundary-pushing, genre-defying and one-of-a-kind through its commitment to connecting culture and community. All tvg spaces feature top of the line designs and technology as well as elevated hospitality offerings that highlight local character, ensuring an unparalleled experience for both artists and guests. tvg currently has iconic destinations across the U.K. and U.S. including one-of-a-kind spaces in Alabama (The Orion Amphitheater and The Saturn) and London (Flat Iron Square (London Bridge’s iconic food, drink and event destination), Omeara (storied entertainment venue), Southwark Quarter (Our community of independent street food traders and culinary experiences), Lafayette, Goods Way (entertainment venue featuring specialty bars Sweetwater and speakeasy, NOLA’s) and The Social) as well as several additional projects underway across multiple cities. With offices in Austin, Nashville, Huntsville, New York and London and investors such as Ares, Goldman Sachs, Lion Tree, Gibson Brands, Oak View Group, LiveNation and AEG, tvg hospitality is establishing itself as a global force in the entertainment space. In the past two years, tvg has received widespread accolades including for Huntsville’s Orion Amphitheater, which was nominated for Amphitheater of the Year at the 2022 and 2023 IEBA Awards, nominated for New Concert Venue of the Year at the 2022 Pollstar Awards, won the 2022 Partnership in Tourism Award from the Alabama Tourism Department and Attraction of the Year from the Alabama Mountain Lakes Association. Additionally, Lovett was selected as one of VenuesNow’s Top All-Star Executive Honorees last year, which celebrates stand-out leaders across entertainment and sports.
As tvg hospitality continues to grow and looks ahead to additional, significant projects, particularly in the US, we need a key partner to the US based CMO in playing an impactful role in leading the marketing and communications efforts in London, across all of our sites there, as well as to be a key partner to the US marketing team members.
The Marketing and Communications Director has primary responsibility for the planning and execution of the marketing and communications strategy, focused on tvg hospitality’s London sites. They are a progressive, collaborative, forward thinking marketeer and communicator who leads the way in highly effective consumer engagement, content marketing, advertising, grass roots/street promotions, and digital platforms. A true advocate and ambassador for tvg and its brands, the Marketing and Communications Director applies strategic thinking to interpret business needs across multiple markets and brands, and executes meaningfully on a robust strategy that delivers measurable and impactful results. Reporting directly to the CMO, the Marketing and Communications Director is a key member of the tvg Marketing team as well as the tvg Senior Leadership team and provides leadership and development to local Marketing Managers.
- Develop and execute comprehensive and measurable marketing and communication strategies aligned with the tvg’s goals and objectives in order to drive awareness, attract customers and build emotional connections with them.
- Develop strategic multi-channel comms plans on an annualised basis.
- Create the campaign marketing plan for the overall seasonal program of events across the portfolio of venues and sites, as well as layer in marketing plans for additional events.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, emerging market trends, opportunities, and competitive insights.
- Define target audiences and create tailored campaigns to reach them effectively.
- Set social platform goals and the approach to grow followers, interactions and engagement.
- Oversee the creation of marketing content, ensuring campaign assets from music and entertainment promoters are in place and marketing copy is tailored to audience and artist needs as well as keeping in mind tvg brand guidelines.
- Report weekly on effectiveness of marketing communications
- Lead and manage the agency of record London based marketing and communications team.
- Lead and manage the in-house Marketing Managers and Graphic Designer.
- Communicate effectively and delegate tasks and responsibilities, ensuring team members work cohesively to achieve common goals.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations of both agency and team and provide constructive feedback.
- Working in close partnership with the Brand Director, safeguard and enhance the tvg’s brand identity and reputation.
- In partnership with the Brand Director, ensure messaging aligns with brand values and resonates with target audiences.
- Set the tone for messaging that clearly and consistently represents tvg’s values
- Contribute to and follow brand guidelines and ensure consistency across all communication channels.
- Monitor and respond to brand-related issues and crises.
- Utilise storytelling to enhance the tvg narrative.
- Oversee digital marketing initiatives, including social media, email marketing, SEO, PPC, analytics, advertising, and website management.
- In partnership with the UK AOR team, create and oversee the development of compelling and relevant content from all UK sites, of all events and activations, for various channels.
- Create and monitor content calendar and publishing across UK sites various channels.
- Secure unique content and organise artist interviews where possible.
- In close partnership with CMO and UK AOR team, develop and execute proactive PR/earned media strategy to build awareness regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Develop and implement public relations strategies and objectives to build brand/s reputation and secure positive media coverage.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with UK media outlets, journalists, and influencers directly as well as through PR AOR.
- Share responsibility for effective issues and crisis management – externally or internally
- Takes on the role of spokesperson, where needed
- Develop and manage the London sites marketing and communications budget.
- Monitor expenses, track ROI, and adjust strategies as needed to achieve cost-effective results.
- Work closely with the CMO, Creative Director, Brand Director, Sales Director, Commercial Partnerships Director and Huntsville Marketing Director.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, ops, production, and customer service, to ensure alignment in messaging and objectives.
- Collaborate with external agencies and vendors as needed.
- Act as a role model ‘living’ the company’s values
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
tvg hospitality is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage all applications regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
tvg hospitality recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. tvg may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually, increasing to 28 days after 2 complete years with us
- An extra day to enjoy celebrating your birthday!
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Statutory pension
- Discounts on wellness incentives, employee assistance program and thousands of retailers
- Free gig tickets
- Generous site discount for you, your friends and family