We are currently looking for a manufacturing planner to join our team on a 9-12 months maternity cover contract. You will be required to plan work jobs into production, on time and within manufacturing capabilities. To accurately plan sales orders into loads for on time delivery.About Bensons for Beds
No 'one size fits all' when it comes to finding the perfect sleep experience for customers and that's why at Bensons for Beds we put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With nearly 70 years of retail and 100 years of manufacturing experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience.
We have 190+ locations across our retail, manufacturing and distribution sites, employing c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of becoming the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence.Our Benefits!
In return for your contribution to the team's performance, we offer a competitive base salary plus all these extra benefits:
- *Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *'Perks' discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers to save you money on your everyday purchases and bigger expenses such as holidays and travel, electrical goods, motoring and leisure products etc.
- *Pension scheme - provided by Legal & General
- *Healthshield cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other hospital services and more)
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
- 28 days holiday, rising to 31 after 2 years' service
(*qualifying periods apply)The Role - Production Planner
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Planner to join our manufacturing team in Huntingdon. You will be required to plan work jobs into production, on time and within manufacturing capabilities. To accurately plan sales orders into loads for on time delivery.
- To ensure each manufacturing line of all sections are planned in accordance with capacity to maximise factory output.
- Release work jobs accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage the daily rolled mattress demand and process.
- Maintain a production plan for the viewing of Operations Management.
- Uphold manufacturing 'work-to-list' to ensure accuracy and visibility for production sections.
- Help with resolving issues by acting as a point of contact for Production Section Managers and Customer Service.
- Maintain a close watch on future demand and investigate proactive measures and movements where it exceeds capacity.
- Manage the stock building of products to be stored internally and within the DC network. Control the release of stock lines when necessary.
- Monitor products within the finished goods warehouse to ensure pieces are utilised to avoid unnecessary storage backlogs.
- Aid the Planning Team Leader with lead time management and adjustments.
- To ensure that all sales orders are accurately planned into loads, in accordance with the form for transport required, for loading and dispatch.
- Maintain precise load plans for visibility of future requirements and a record of past plans.
- Uphold the load building program by making sure sales orders are dated correct and dispatched on time.
- Control accurately dispatching post orders.
- To work closely with the other Manufacturing Planners to share workloads and prioritise urgent tasks to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Gain an understanding of the Warehouse & Distribution requirements and limitations.
- Be able to cover any urgent tasks in the absence of the Planning Team Leader.
- Any other duties that are reasonable and commensurate with the post.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Planner with the following skills, qualifications, experience and attributes to be successful in this role:
- 5 G.C.S.E's Grade C or above or equivalent inc Maths and English
- Proven capabilities in the use of MS software packages (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Knowledge of Excel formulas and functions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Capability of working within a team as well as independently
- Ability to learn in house software packages
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and think proactively
- Able to plan and work to timescales and meet deadlines
- Friendly, with a good sense of humour
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and problem-solving ability
- Verbal & written communication/interpersonal skills - both face to face and on the phone
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Production and/or Transport planning experience
- Project management experience
- Project management skills
If you love working with a great team, engaging with a variety of challenges, growing your skills and developing new ones then click now to apply to join us!
There is a brief online application process to complete, to tell us about yourself, answer some questions and confirm your eligibility. We'll reply to you asap!