Initiative celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability.
Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
We make a promise to our people that we double down on seeing, celebrating & elevating all the things that make you, uniquely you. And just as we do for our brands and clients, we connect our people to the journeys that matter in building a meaningful career.
There are four I’s in Initiative and these represent our core values and behaviors.
- INDIVID YOU ALITY – you bring your genuine and unique self to and into the work, every day.
- INSTINCT – you’re tuned in and armed with intelligence; you have a bias for action – shit happens when you’re around.
- IMAGINATION – your ability to imagine and bring to life the ideas, solutions, and the future of Initiative, makes us THE create media agency in the world.
- IMPACT! – you care deeply about the impact you have on our clients, their customers, our community, the media landscape and our world at large.
ROLE OVERVIEW: MANAGING PARTNER, NATWEST
As Managing Partner, you will oversee a team of 60 team members from across the Mediabrands family, inclusive of strategy, planning, account service, insights/analytics, and activation across multiple media touch points. You will be responsible for developing an inspiring vision for success, as well as the concrete KPIs and milestones to accomplish that vision. In addition, you will be a strong leader who can bring people together across crafts and the other Mediabrands teams, and motivate them to do their best work, in a positive and supportive environment that empowers and encourages.
As MP you will build strong relationships with the NatWest client at all levels. Through a superior understanding of clients’ business issues, you will become the authority on the business across the client franchises (Brand, Retail, Wealth and Business) and within the agency. You will be accountable for the commercial success and profitability of NatWest, and the development of the NatWest team to unlock the potential of the agency’s talent.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and manage the Initiative Connect team, building transformational relationships with senior NatWest Stakeholders, identifying the businesses current and future needs.
- Work with the team to deliver strategic leadership across the entire business, ensuring an integrated approach across brand and performance for today and tomorrow.
- Establishes a high performing team environment, creating a positive team culture, enabling people to thrive and deliver their best work across NatWest.
- Ensures collaboration across the entire team and all SBU divisions to create seamless output to the highest standard.
- Champions team behaviour, supports and manages the entire team across all the SBU’s.
- Owns the client relationship and acts as the most senior client consultant to NatWest.
Commercial & Operational Excellence
- Responsible for growing client revenue and organic growth across the account, through MediaBrands/IPG’s partner services and managing team profitability / client P&L.
- Manages the team structure and ensures appropriate resource levels across the entire team and SBU’s, evolving the team based on future business goals working with NatWest procurement.
- Delivers operational excellence, taking the lead for governance compliance across the Initiative Connect business, in conjunction with the team proactively identifies and initiates procedures/ processes to quality control and manage workstreams, outputs across the entire business.
Full Funnel Comms Design
- Drives planning excellence by managing output from the Initiative Planning Community to deliver full funnel vision and strategy for the client which is future ready and integrated across channels, advising client on the impact of brand vs performance.
Data Driven Marketing
- Leads a data driven marketing approach and sets up learning agendas to ensure client is future ready.
- Leads conversation on data related projects and identifies appropriate SBU’s to collaborate with to produce client facing POV’s / strategies to ensure the client is future fit.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Client satisfaction as measured by TRR and growth.
- Team satisfaction as measured by NPS, retention/turnover.
- Team growth.
- Account profitability.
- Strong collaboration with SBUs team.
- You are an inspiring, motivating and positive team leader.
- You are a strategic client leader with demonstrated experience of creating ambitious and distinctive strategies to stay ahead of the game.
- You have demonstrated experience of operational excellence. You’re able to create clear purpose, drive a high performing culture, and build capability at all levels.
- You are a confident, persuasive and collaborative communicator and presenter.
- You have strong commercial and business acumen, including a good understanding of business models and trends, as well as the ability to identify and seize opportunities that move the business towards strategic goals.
- You have demonstrated experience of unlocking organic growth among existing clients. You’re able to spot a commercial opportunity and turn it into reality.
- You are a strong partner and proven collaborator. You can navigate and influence across structures and cultures, both internally and externally, and manage significant stakeholders and key industry relationships.
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- Unlimited annual leave (subject to manager approval)
- Group Income Protection(after 2 years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Wellbeing programme, including subsidised monthly massages
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free breakfast
- Subsidised Café
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Ride2Work, GymFlex and many more!
HOW WE PROTECT YOU:
The manner in which IPG Mediabrands processes your personal data is set out in the eRecruitment Privacy Notice. By submitting your data you are stating that you have read and understand how your personal information will be used and processed by IPG Mediabrands.
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need any adjustments to ensure our recruitment process is fully accessible to you, then please contact us on