ROLE: Machine Operator
HOURS OF WORK: AM or PM (Fixed)
BASIC SALARY: £11.21 - £11.87 PER HOUR
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Yearly bonus, attendance bonus, 33 days holiday, pension.
Our client is seeking a Machine Operator to join their organisation based in Wellingborough on a permanent basis to operate filling lines to meet planned volumes and targets in accordance with safety and quality standards. You'll be working for a well-established manufacturing business with over 70 years of existence supplying the automotive and construction sector with high performing world class product for refinishing. My client operates in over 100 countries around the world with all Manufacturing taking place at their site in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. The site produces circa 1.4 million litres of chemical based products each month for its growing customer base. A market leader that is growing year on year and excited as to the outlook for 2021, now is an exciting time to join their innovative business as it continues its journey. Their current recruitment drive is a reflection of the continued growth they have seen over the past few years and the outlook for years to come.
In this Machine Operator role, you will:
- Operate automated and manual filling & packing equipment
- Operate packaging and labelling equipment and semi-automatic filling lines related to Retail kits
- Setup/changeover production filling lines in an efficient and effective manner. This includes full clean downs that need to be completed effectively and efficiently in the planned time frame
- Record and monitor performance v target in terms of HSE, quality, OEE, staff and waste
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping
- Organise components required for production runs in a timely manner in order to keep the lines running and the OEE on target or above
- Complete paperwork clearly and accurately in a timely fashion
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally at all times and at all levels, including manufacturing, ensuring line performance is maintained
- Escalate issues over 5 minutes to your Line Leader
- Participate and contribute to daily briefings, MDI boards Tier 1
- Actively participate in safety, quality and continuous improvement activities
- Have a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carry out all work in a safe manner, reporting any issues via the appropriate system
- Competent across all filling lines to rotate regularly, recording performance, against targets, maintaining standards and raising issues with team members to resolve efficiently
- Challenges personal performance and develops own skills and supports the team to deliver consistent results, adhering to scheduled break rota and ensuring staff are organised into the right positions and understand the tasks expected of them
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the business and where the supply chain and filling operation fits as part of the business strategy
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of continuous improvement tools in daily work and is capable of actively participating in improvement teams.
To be successful as a Machine Operator you must:
- GCSE/ NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) or 3 years' experience in filling/packing operations
- Ideally a qualification in maths and English - must be competent in numeracy to read and understand numbers, works orders, filling records, interpret and manipulate data where required.
- Competency in interpreting data in business systems, entering key performance data and operating equipment with PLC's
- Experience in chemical filling & packing industry
- Excellent verbal communication and team work skills to work with colleagues to achieve individual and team targets
- Desire to champion the company values
- Good understanding of filling requirements - components to QC tests to customer
- Logical problem solving skills
If you have the relevant experience our client is looking for in this Machine Operator role, we would like to hear from you. Upload your CV online or call our Wellingborough land-line for more information.
Impact Recruitment is an employment agency working on behalf of our client.