Stateside Foods are looking to recruit a Machine Operative to join our fast paced, rapidly growing successful FMCG company based at Westhoughton in Lancashire, where the company has factory facilities covering 43,000 square metres. The site contains two factories, producing millions of chilled pizzas every week for the major retailers in the UK. This runs 24hrs 7 days a week employing circa 1000 people, storage for raw materials and finished goods, and office facilities, to accommodate all aspects of our business in one location. We are part of Sudzucker the 9 th largest food group in Europe. We are the biggest producer of chilled pizza in the UK.
As a company, we are very proud of our IIP gold accreditation, which shows our commitment to our people. Further to this, we strive to manage and drive the company forward through a strict KPI and lean approach, which is then fully supported with a strict adherence to our in house behaviour and communication policies.
We have an opportunity within our Topping Department for a Machine Operative within our Firebird Factory working Monday to Friday 05.45 - 14.00.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for adhering to the correct production standards, which are to include good manufacturing practices
· Maintain and improve housekeeping/GMP within all areas
· Set up machinery
· Carry out basic machinery repairs/replacements on wear and tear
· To report/highlight any machinery or product related issues
· Building effective relationships
· Responsibility for all CCP's in designated areas
· Step up in the absence of the Line Leader
· Promptly communicating problems to Line Leader/Team Leader
· Responsible for 1 st Line Maintenance of equipment in the designated area
· Any other adhoc tasks requested by management
· Adhere to the company's H&S policies and procedures
· Adhere to the company's Hygiene policies and procedures
Skills and Experience required:
· Worked within a similar role in a high volume production environment
· good communication skills
· Ability to problem..... click apply for full job details