Dealer Network Development (DND) studies help automotive manufacturers to optimize their sales and aftersales dealer networks, manage dealer performance and maximize market penetration.
OnSite Consultants are embedded in our clients' organisations to support the creation of related analyses as part of DND studies, which may include regular services as well as ad-hoc projects. The OnSite Consultants conduct those analyses independently alongside the client, with support from an international back office team of experienced consultants and colleagues. They are responsible for the delivery of the full service, from data collection and quality checking, to the analysis and creation of client reports.
As an OnSite Consultant you will:
- Work predominantly at the client office location (Midlands), to support the deployment of IHS Markit solutions and systems.
- Work on projects to help the client to optimize their dealer location footprint, market coverage and sales penetration.
- Utilise mapping software and run SQL procedures to perform location planning analysis.
- Be an expert in the use of the IHS Markit location planning system and provide support and training to client stakeholders.
- Maintain and update where necessary, the client's systems (with the support of back office specialists).
- Support the delivery of bespoke client projects as part of IHS Markit's Automotive Dealer Network Development practice.
- Liaise directly with various levels of client stakeholders on a regular basis to gather requirements, collect data and confirm analyses parameters.
- Work extensively with both structured and unstructured datasets: Perform ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) procedures, undertake market research & conduct data management tasks.
- Analyse and interpret a variety of data held in multiple relational databases to assist our Clients in understanding both current business performance (i.e. vehicle market share) and aid in their future decision making.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of automotive data (e.g. regional registrations, sales and vehicles in operation) and non-automotive data (e.g. demographic, retailer locations and geographic).
- Support the formal presentation of recommendations back to client stakeholders through the creation of maps outputs and development of custom reports.
- Identify and feedback additional opportunities in supporting the clients' business to senior colleagues.
- Be an expert in the future challenges facing automotive retailing.
As an OnSite Consultant, you will be expected to have:
- A degree in Applied Geography, Geomatics, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Business Informatics, or similar.
- Experience using relational databases using SQL.
- Knowledge of GIS mapping software (ideally Esri ArcMap).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Strong analytical skills; a passion for data and uncovering insight.
- Customer-facing (management level) presentation skills
- Strong project management (internal and external)
- Effective time keeping & organisational skills.
- The ability to work independently & pro-actively in a global team.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Independent learning and accountability.
- Experience in automotive would be beneficial, though not essential.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.