We might have six decades behind us. But at River Island, we don't feel our age. Our brand is as fresh, exciting and forward-looking as it's always been. With 300 stores, an award-winning online fashion retail site, one of the biggest in-house design teams on the British high street and a deep commitment to nurturing new talent, we're one of the most successful fashion retailers in the UK.
What's the role?...
As a Floor Manager, you will maximise sales through developing a team focused on delivering excellent standards, great service and driving omnichannel. You will be leading by example with a hands-on approach. We expect our management teams to be multi-skilled to provide us with more flexibility having the ability to work across the store in any area.
You will support business success by consistently delivering world class service and brand standards, whilst also being a brand ambassador helping to attract people who have a passion for fashion and share our brand values of being stylish, distinctive, fun, confident and fresh.
Our customer is at the heart of our business and you will be working with a passionate team who make people feel good by spreading the joy of fashion!
In this role, you will:
- Drive omni- channel sales and data capture through delivering the best service on the high street
- Increase conversion through customer engagement and spreading the joy of fashion
- Inspire customers using both verbal and visual engagement with the product
- Achieve and enhance brand standards including strong visuals
- Support achieving targets and drive key results through implementing strategic actions
- Use reports to make commercial and financial decisions that will increase profit
- Be aware of cost control, how to drive and protect profit
- Be fully responsible for all areas of retail risk and health & safety
- Coach and develop talent driving succession, creating strong teams
- Support the management team and take accountability in their absence
- Lead a team by motivating and encouraging teamwork to achieve goals
- Manage performance and give in the moment feedback
- Implement and delegate tasks with close follow up, but lead by example with a hands-on approach
- Ability to operate within different roles
- Recognise and adjust to change
- Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and deliver the detail
- Able to manage challenges and pressure, to adjust quickly to changing circumstances and find solutions supported by management
- Adaptability to variation in work, requiring you to be multi-skilled
- Fast paced and purposeful approach
- Deliver 100% compliance inline to all Company policies and processes
- Implement company decisions and take responsibility
- Seek advice from line Manager /expert and utilise team input when required
- Be well organised and capable of planning efficiently to deliver results
We're looking for…
- Previous experience at Floor Manager level or be an experienced Supervisor/ Team Leader /Visual Merchandiser looking for your next step up
- You may also be a small Store/Deputy Manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
- Have a good understanding of the latest trends and our competitors
- Have good leadership skills
- Have experience in VM
- Have experience in analysing reports and making commercial decisions
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve and take accountability with good planning skills
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. To find out more, please visit