Have you got experience as a licensing officer?
Are you looking to work with a local authority?
Are you living in or around Newport?
If Yes, please keep reading.
Randstad are currently looking for a Licensing Enforcement Officer. This role requires you to undertake a wide range of professional duties for the licensing, inspection and enforcement of hackney carriages and private hire vehicles, their operators and drivers to provide a crucial service in the public interest and to safeguard and improve the health and the quality of life for those that live in, work in and visit the city of Newport.
Role: Licensing Enforcement Officer
Location: Civic centre, Newport. The role will require field work in all weathers with the requirement of one evening enforcement per month.
Rate: 18.63 ph
Shift Patterns: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (7h 30 mins a day)
Contract Length: Start ASAP. Temp work until 31st March 2024
– To ensure that national taxi legislation is complied with, that local Council policy requirements are met and investigate breaches of these taking the necessary enforcement or disciplinary actions, including writing comprehensive committee reports regarding drivers conduct.
– The role will also take the lead role of conducting and providing Knowledge Test Training to Private Hire Drivers.
– Full UK driving license
– A good knowledge and practical experience in Licensing or other Public Protection Law is desirable.
- Advice and editing on your current CV
- Dedicated team throughout your journey within the role
- Paid holiday
- Exclusive online services including restaurant and retail discounts
- Chance to receive 300 for referring a friend
- Opportunity for progression into permanent roles
- Competitive rates of pay
If you are interested in this position please apply now or give us a ring on (phone number removed) and ask for Meghana!
NOTE: You can also refer any of your friends or family who you think might be suitable for this role.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.